Crappy UK Weather...Anyone else had this week off ?

Soldato
As always first bit time off work this year and the weather been pretty crap

Is it this me that seems to always pick the weeks off work when the weather is crap..:(:(:(
At lest it haven't rained that much this time it just been lots of grey clouds and dull all week.

Soldato
Before i moved here i remember a long holiday at my caravan seasonal pitch ,worst weather ever ,storms torrential rain ,on the daY we were leaving you could literally see the big band of the high pressure moving in and forcast to stay ,gutted
now im not fussed ,just wait for the weekend or go to beach after work ,holidays tend to be visiting my folks or grown up kids

Soldato
OP
Before i moved here i remember a long holiday at my caravan seasonal pitch ,worst weather ever ,storms torrential rain ,on the daY we were leaving you could literally see the big band of the high pressure moving in and forcast to stay ,gutted
now im not fussed ,just wait for the weekend or go to beach after work ,holidays tend to be visiting my folks or grown up kids
I think the worst thing is i normally just go looking around in shops when the weather not great but i can't do that this time as it a nightmare with all the virus rules..

Soldato
Yeah, I've been off this week too. Previously the weather wouldn't bother me at all. Most weeks off I spent indoors, but in the last 15 months I've been cycling a lot, so it's annoying when the weather is poor for my week off as cycling in the rain (or even just dull conditions) isn't as nice as when the sun is out...

Associate
Its been dominated by an area of low pressure all week that has just parked its a*se over the UK - providing humid conditions for many with heavy showers or thunderstorms. More general rain piled in from the east yesterday. Its now moving away slowly north east.

Another low pressure is due to sweep in from the west by Sunday but then hot and sunny weather is expected from Wednesday onwards. We're talking of 30 Celsius in London.

It does have a habit of timing nicely when you want to do something - today is so windy!

Soldato
OP
Yeah it's a bad week to book off!

I'm off on Monday and it's looking a little better. Was meant to be at a spa weekend. This was the second booking. The first was an absolutely glorious weekend in April that would've been amazing!
I have next week off and it's not looking too great either. Then the last time I booked a Friday off we had gale force winds :(
It was next week i really wanted off but someone else at work had already booked that week :(
All my work place staff were told a few months ago they had to book a week off for before the end of June

Caporegime
We had the sunniest spring on record so i'm not really fussed about a week of rain showers.

It'll be interesting to see what the weather would have been at Pilton for the Glastonbury festival which would have been on next week.

Soldato
I had the week off. Brilliant weather until this week - then thunderstorms, lightning, heavy rain....

Every time I get kitted up for cycling it throws it down. The one time I brushed it off, I went cycling, managed 1m before I was soaked to the bone then come back. Getting wet on a ride doesn't bother me - getting drowned when I set off does lol.

Caporegime
Typical we had the sunny weather on lockdown.
It's not so bad as I have so much to do around house.
Usually when weather is rough the surf is a little better. But that isn't the case atm

Soldato
Typical we had the sunny weather on lockdown.
It's not so bad as I have so much to do around house.
Usually when weather is rough the surf is a little better. But that isn't the case atm
Sundays looking ok down here ,turning from wind swell to long period ,Polzeath could be on the cards for me or even a trip to towan or Harlyn if its strong enough to wrap around ,magiicseaweed dosnt always deliver

Man of Honour
I've had this week off as holiday and have next week booked as well.

Not to bothered by the weather personally though it has disrupted some plans to meet up with family (properly distanced). In fact I like a bit of rain though it is nice to get some warm and dry days in as well.

Associate
I was supposed to be in Montenegro for two weeks.

Given cancellation, decided to have a week at home, and ended up with the worse week of the two for weather. Just a little disappointed.

Soldato
OP
I had the week off. Brilliant weather until this week - then thunderstorms, lightning, heavy rain....

Every time I get kitted up for cycling it throws it down. The one time I brushed it off, I went cycling, managed 1m before I was soaked to the bone then come back. Getting wet on a ride doesn't bother me - getting drowned when I set off does lol.
I feel better now i know am not the only person that picked this week to have off :p

Soldato
I had the week off this week too. We've had so much nice weather lately, this has forced me to do some DIY that I had been putting off so for me it has been perfect. It only cost me 2 days leave to get the week off too :D

Associate
Yeah, me too
Was supposed to have been my honeymoon as well <<< best bit about this is the OH let me off any DIY duties
Worst bit was having to log on to my work email to chase up my Doctor for a prescription (now changed it all to my gmail account), and seeing all the unread emails that are waiting for me on Monday
On saying that, even though the weather has been a bit changeable, there's not really much you can do when it was sunny, apart from going for walks

Back
Top Bottom