Football and the Coronavirus

Soldato
The assumption that you hate football? You made that clear from all your posts in here.

1. The integrity of our bet is out the window. It was made under totally different rules and circumstances. Null and void tbh.
  2. I want a head count
  3. Stop posting everything in the ***ing Newcastle takeover thread!
I don’t get the hate football bit mate was that aimed at me????
I am really over the moon for you guys and really wish that it happens to me in my lifetime, I can also say that if that was me I would have been there celebrating last night also, sorry about putting it the the Newcastle thread I couldn’t remember which thread we made the original bet.
Hats off to you for your integrity in paying the bet and also thanks for giving it to the RBL.
Now let’s talk about that phone call :p:p:p:p

Don
PMSL, if the toon takeover goes through you will see the same scenes at Newcastle as Anfield last night, congratulations by the way it was well deserved
I read the other week that the reason why the Newcastle - Liverpool game was flagged as high risk is because of planned celebrations to mark Ashley's last game.

Soldato
Yikes, so you are fine with mass gatherings if it's for protesting, but anything else is wrong??? Wow the double standards.

No, I understand the reasons why they are doing it, and I don't think a global movement for the rights of people can be compared to a celebration. DO I think it is a sensible time to be doing it, not at all, can we stop them, yes, let the police loose on the protesters see how popular that makes them.

So no not double standards, just a realisation that millions of people globally are doing something for the greater good, not because whoohoooo we won, we won, we won. etc.

I wasn't insulting you, just highlighting the hypocrisy
Yes, you said no doubt I was looking for my suncream and doing the conga, that is insulting me by saying I'd deliberate flout the law, and the health of other people for my own enjoyment. I grew up in a seaside town, my mother still lives there, we are both in despair at the pure idiocy of the populace who do this.

It was inevitable that the likes of yourself would be here to criticise though, just like you were so quick to attack football(ers) over how much money they make yet had nothing to say about other highly paid entertainers.

Again, another insult, people like myself? You mean people who actually care what happens to other people?

And at this stage I couldn't give a **** about what the supporters done

Nice, you don't care... lets leave it there.

Don
Yes, you said no doubt I was looking for my suncream and doing the conga, that is insulting me by saying I'd deliberate flout the law, and the health of other people for my own enjoyment. I grew up in a seaside town, my mother still lives there, we are both in despair at the pure idiocy of the populace who do this.

Did you think you could change what I said and that I wouldn't notice? I said I bet you were outraged at those that went to the beach and had VE day parties and then asked the question, or were you too busy applying sun cream and doing the conga. The point being that there was no faux outrage from you on these matters (during far stricter lockdown conditions) but here you are attacking football, again.

Again, another insult, people like myself? You mean people who actually care what happens to other people?
No, I meant hypocrites and specifically those that have made it crystal clear they hate professional football and have been searching for reasons to attack it.

If all you care about are the lockdown & social distancing restrictions then why haven't you been posting about each of the countless examples of these restrictions being broken over the last few months?

Soldato
The point being that there was no faux outrage from you on these matters (during far stricter lockdown conditions) but here you are attacking football, again.

Do you have a camera in my house, and are you recording everything I say? I am utterly disgusted at the people risking others lives, not sure how many people you've know who have died due to this virus, but I've dealt with my mother-in-laws death in the last few weeks, and my mums best friend, so yes I take offence at you saying I have 'faux' outrage.

If all you care about are the lockdown & social distancing restrictions then why haven't you been posting about each of the countless examples of these restrictions being broken over the last few months?

So not posting on everything to do with all of these breaches, e.g. not saying/typing something means I automatically approve of it? What an utterly absurd thing to say.

Am I not allowed my opinion on how pathetic the 'supporters' have been behaving, unless I comment on everything else? Utterly absurd again.

As I said leave it there, done.

Don
It's your right to take offence, I don't really care though. You've been active on this forum throughout the pandemic and yet only felt the need to speak out against football supporters and none of the other groups that have ignored social distancing rules, despite doing so when we were under far stricter lockdown restrictions. Throw in the fact that you've repeatedly made it clear you hate professional football, it comes across as faux outrage from somebody looking for an excuse to attack football.

I predicted this would happen (not you personally but the general point) weeks ago when talk of neutral venues was brough up. Before anything had even happened football supporters were being demonised, at the same time these same people had nothing to say about the thousands of people popping down the beach and having their VE day parties, all while 500+ people were day were still dying. When half the country has ignored the lockdown restrictions, why should we expect football supporters to do any different.

Oh and no, I don't have a camera in your house.

Soldato
Oh boohoo someone says something about football supporters and you take offence. How utterly pathetic attacking my lack of posts on the subject elsewhere, stalker much, or just angry. Either way your are clearly a waste of time.

Don
Oh boohoo someone says something about football supporters and you take offence. How utterly pathetic attacking my lack of posts on the subject elsewhere, stalker much, or just angry. Either way your are clearly a waste of time.
I'm not offended but I will call out hypocrisy. I'm not sure I'm attacking your lack of posts, I was highlighting the fact that somebody that claims to be so outraged by what Liverpool supporters done had nothing to say about these other groups that committed the same, if not worse offences. Given the way you previously attacked footballers over their pay and not other highly paid entertainers, it becomes pretty obvious that you're just here to knock football.

As Pigeon says, you come across very bitter. It's fine that you don't like professional football but at least be honest about that being the motivation for your posts, whether that's suggesting that the PL going bust would be a good thing, your posts about players taking pay cuts or your latest posts. There must be a reason why you're willing to post all these things but not attacks on other highly paid entertainers or other groups of people ignoring social distancing.

Commissario
I’m outraged at all of em, protestors, beachgoers, Liverpool fans. All stupid, selfish idiots.

This.

I applaud Liverpool's league title win, but the mass gathering of fans, protestors and the beach goers is just a big middle finger to the NHS and people who have abided by the social distance rule.

I will be gob smacked if we don't have a second wave. :(

Soldato
This.

I applaud Liverpool's league title win, but the mass gathering of fans, protestors and the beach goers is just a big middle finger to the NHS and people who have abided by the social distance rule.

I will be gob smacked if we don't have a second wave. :(
Totally agree mate these idiots don't care the beaches should be closed to stop the gatherings and any body disobeying should be heavily fined not just a few quid second wave incoming if this continues oh and congrats to Liverpool

Soldato
I can totally understand the celebration from the fans the night Liverpool won the league and can honestly say if it was Newcastle we would have done the same (any fan that had waited 30 years would do the same) , but there is no justification of the stupidity to come out and do it a second night, they police will no doubt crack down if the idiots try the same tonight.

Don
The idiot setting off the fireworks is plastered all over twitter. At one point he set one off and it almost went into a crowd of people but without giving it a 2nd thought he just reached down to pick up another. Hopefully he's identified and charged for being a ****.

The general celebrations are what they are. People shouldn't have been out celebrating but I'd be lying if I pretended I wouldn't have been out celebrating had I been able to. From day one our lockdown was never a proper lockdown, like other countries had, with every Tom, Dick and Harry ignoring the restrictions. Over the last month or so we've seen restrictions ease but also fewer and fewer people following the restrictions still in place - we've seen packed beaches, VE day parties, protests & counter protests and of course Dominic Cummings taking his family on a day out for his wife's birthday and there's been no consequences. Of course more and more people are going to ignore social distancing and it's why we saw beaches packed again this last week and supporters out celebrating.

Back
Top Bottom