Football and the Coronavirus

Caporegime
varkanoid, there are plenty of explanations around as to why it is not a valid response to the BLM protests. If you do a bit of searching I'm sure you can find them, don't want to derail this thread.

Caporegime
It would be more logical for it to say "Black Lives Matter Too" as then the "All Lives Matter" response wouldnt be needed. Whoever came up with BLM didnt think it through.
However the probably dismissed BLMT as it sounds too much like a sandwich.

For balance they should have had "Thankyou NHS" on the back.

I think (or hope) most people know by now that "black lives matter" essentially implies "black lives matter too", the "all lives matter" types are like the misguided people who call for straight pride etc...

It's just the movement itself is a bit dubious in places (some very dodgy ideas promoted by hard left types within it) and there is already a football linked movement dedicated to tackling racism that might have been a better choice IMO: https://www.theredcard.org/

(edit - sorry, just seen the above post - I'll leave it there :) )

Soldato
varkanoid, there are plenty of explanations around as to why it is not a valid response to the BLM protests. If you do a bit of searching I'm sure you can find them, don't want to derail this thread.

Its actually 50/50 split if you believe this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Lives_Matter all down to intepretation and I think the literal meaning is being scewered by certain individuals interpretations.

If you want something on topic then work this one out.

Last night Sky said the balls that go into the stands would not go back on the pitch straight away. They would be cleaned thoroughly. Balls boys were instructed to do this as there were plenty of balls around the stadium so they could throw on a fresh one. I watched closely and I never saw any being cleaned after that was said. Some were thrown straight back. This was meant to protect them from the virus its one of the new rules.

So a ball thats been kicked about on wet grass that goes into an empty stadium as a risk of virus contamination ?? Only contamination I could see would be if a ball boy coughed or sneezed on it before throwing it back ? They were wearing gloves and masks. Is this not a bit of a joke when you see people pushing and barging security guards out of the way to go into Primark ?

Man of Honour
I think I actually prefer no noise at the moment.

Must admit, I started with the noise but swapped to no noise and I actually preferred it, I found I was able to really hear who were the vocal leaders in the teams and who barely uttered a word all match. Was interesting to see which players were yelling and organising the players around them and was surprised to find that often it wasnt the ones you thought would be the leader types.

Soldato
Must admit, I started with the noise but swapped to no noise and I actually preferred it, I found I was able to really hear who were the vocal leaders in the teams and who barely uttered a word all match. Was interesting to see which players were yelling and organising the players around them and was surprised to find that often it wasnt the ones you thought would be the leader types.
Ahh ok cool I will try that next time and watch with no crowd noise

Soldato
Nice to see that the Coronavirus restrictions still in place don't count when you are a Liverpool fan. Typical football mentality, something was won buy a club that I cheer for so I must go and face lick other people in the streets, every single on of the people who crowded at the football stadium lat night should be fined, and banned by the club for life.

Soldato
@BaZ87 £5 to any charity of your choice mate was the bet mate

Police warn Liverpool fans not to gather and celebrate Premier League win
Police have condemned the thousands of Liverpool fans who filled the streets outside Anfield after the club won the Premier League.

Assistant Chief Constable Rob Carden said Merseyside had been “disproportionately affected” by the coronavirus pandemic and its residents had a responsibility to prevent further cases.

He said: “The overwhelming majority of fans have recognised the fact that now is not the time to gather together to celebrate, and chose to mark the event safely. They are a credit to this city.

“Unfortunately, as we have seen throughout the lockdown period, not everyone adhered to the regulations in place. Although the vast majority of celebrations were good natured, a large number of people chose to gather outside the stadium.”
https://news.sky.com/story/liverpoo...nfield-after-side-win-premier-league-12015005
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/coronavirus-live-uk-deaths-updates-18463446

Soldato
Nice to see that the Coronavirus restrictions still in place don't count when you are a Liverpool fan. Typical football mentality, something was won buy a club that I cheer for so I must go and face lick other people in the streets, every single on of the people who crowded at the football stadium lat night should be fined, and banned by the club for life.

Oh pipe down, for weeks and weeks people have been out protesting with the media not saying anything about it. The beaches were rammed packed yesterday and then you have the government allowing their own like Dominic Cummings do what he wants. Lockdown is barely in operation anymore to the extent it was and we all know it. Let's not jump on a group of fans outside a stadium after 30 years of waiting.

Soldato
Oh pipe down, for weeks and weeks people have been out protesting with the media not saying anything about it. The beaches were rammed packed yesterday and then you have the government allowing their own like Dominic Cummings do what he wants. Lockdown is barely in operation anymore to the extent it was and we all know it. Let's not jump on a group of fans outside a stadium after 30 years of waiting.
Your comparing fighting for racism vs winning a title? Wow

Soldato
Let's not jump on a group of fans outside a stadium after 30 years of waiting.

Ermm.. protesting for the rights of equality of other human beings vs. some people who kicked a ball around for a while, got paid huge sums of money for doing it, and get given a symbol at the end so it's fine to go out and disobey they law and put others health at risk.

Don't bother replyling if you think these things are the same, they are totally different.

Soldato
People gone to the beaches in thousands, protested in thousands, people seem okay with that.

People seem okay for protesters to also riot and cause damage but because it was due to racism no one give a ****.

Fans celebrate a league title and now people are offended?

The protest should have been done differently there were some that followed rules, worse masks etc didnt riot which is good and right thing to do. But still thousands of people potentially spreading it...but again it's fine

For what it's worth the celebrations of league should have been done at home with family/friends not on the streets.

The world or least England has pretty much decided **** lockdown or any rules at this stage.

I don't agree with that but it's clear to see majority of people give zero *****

Don
Shock horror, Journey hates football. I bet he was outraged at thousands of people going to the beach and having VE day parties during much stricter lockdown restrictions or was he too busy looking for his sun cream and doing the conga?

Soldato
Shock horror, Journey hates football. I bet he was outraged at thousands of people going to the beach and having VE day parties during much stricter lockdown restrictions or was he too busy looking for his sun cream and doing the conga?

Shock horror you make a massive assumption based on your Pro football bias.

Caporegime
Celebrations at the ground were inevitable, not saying I agree with it but I'm not outraged by it considering how many other mass gatherings we've seen that have had zero criticism in recent weeks.

Your comparing fighting for racism vs winning a title? Wow

No, he wasn't comparing the two. It's simply pointing out the hypocrisy in being offended by a mass gathering at one location and giving it a free pass at another. Regardless of the cause, if it's increasing the risk of the virus spreading then you should be critical of them across the board.

Soldato
The assumption that you hate football? You made that clear from all your posts in here.

Yeah whatever. :rolleyes:

You agree with the supporters then do you, and the people going to the beach? Also the thinly veiled insult isn't exactly something I'd be proud of, making an accusation based on an assumption, don't be, well such a 'football fan'.

Don
Yeah whatever. :rolleyes:

You agree with the supporters then do you, and the people going to the beach? Also the thinly veiled insult isn't exactly something I'd be proud of, making an accusation based on an assumption, don't be, well such a 'football fan'.
I wasn't insulting you, just highlighting the hypocrisy. And at this stage I couldn't give a **** about what the supporters done or those that went to the beach or had their VE day parties. It was inevitable that the likes of yourself would be here to criticise though, just like you were so quick to attack football(ers) over how much money they make yet had nothing to say about other highly paid entertainers.

Soldato
Ermm.. protesting for the rights of equality of other human beings vs. some people who kicked a ball around for a while, got paid huge sums of money for doing it, and get given a symbol at the end so it's fine to go out and disobey they law and put others health at risk.

Don't bother replyling if you think these things are the same, they are totally different.

Yikes, so you are fine with mass gatherings if it's for protesting, but anything else is wrong??? Wow the double standards.

Back
Top Bottom