DARK (Netflix)

Caporegime
Whole season (8 episodes) has just dropped on Netflix and the usual places.
Sehr gut, ich werde es mir jetzt ansehen.

you guys should have self learned some german during the gap between seasons.

I can understand most of it and only tried to learn German for around 4 months with audio books and some duo lingo.

although I wasn't learning it for a series so had a bit more incentive.

most of it's pretty easy to pick up though so you can get the gist of things and not rely on the subtitles so hard

Soldato
Watched one and a half episodes tonight of the new series. Am just not in the mood for it though tonight, as much as I like it, it is pretty heavy going. Need to be in the right frame of mind.

Man of Honour
Same watched about one and a half episodes and just not in the mood for it - likewise finding it heavy going and not because of any complexity just the way it is presented - too much dead air for effect, etc.

Soldato
It does feel that way, I turned it off and instead finished off watching The Sinner, the latest season. The subject matter is still somewhat heavy, infact, I'd say it is heavier, but is presented in such a way that makes it easier to sit back and watch.

I'll hit up The Dark again later in the week.

Soldato
I'm so confused. I'm gona have to rewatch this episode 1 again. I watched the recap but still feel like I've missed half a season.
Who are half these people and what the hell is going on?

Soldato
I'm so confused. I'm gona have to rewatch this episode 1 again. I watched the recap but still feel like I've missed half a season.

We are now in the multiverse! So Jonas was never born hence all the different relationships and changes (i do wish they would have added something to show which time/universe we were in - Fringe did this with different hues and worked well).

Cleft lip child, man, old man - we don't know who they are yet.

Man of Honour

Personally I don't even try to figure a lot of it out (other than the rough gist of it) - just go with the flow and put it all together at the end it is far more watchable that way IMO.

Soldato
Personally I don't even try to figure a lot of it out (other than the rough gist of it) - just go with the flow and put it all together at the end it is far more watchable that way IMO.

I have no idea how that would work! The whole idea is about the characters through time - yes, it sometimes gets confusing ie which character are we looking at in the different time, but some of the timelines posted here really do help (and it's really worth it trying to fully follow the story).

Soldato
You do find out who those three 'unknowns' are, and it's worth noting that their scar is on different sides of their lips (in different worlds).

They do that 'shimmy' thing to indicate that you (the viewer) are switching worlds, and from the characters (and their appearance) it's normally indicative of which world you are watching.

Soldato
Watched the first episode of s3 last night and took a while to get used to people playing 'themselves' but with a twist, didn't expect the ending either.

Only watched the first episode of S3 so far, but the attention to detail/subtle differences in all the character features is great, e.g.:

Helge's eye begin scarred instead of his ear, Wöller missing an arm instead of an eye patch, Franziska is deaf instead of Elisabeth, I'm sure there are others I've missed!

Associate
We are now in the multiverse! So Jonas was never born hence all the different relationships and changes (i do wish they would have added something to show which time/universe we were in - Fringe did this with different hues and worked well).

Cleft lip child, man, old man - we don't know who they are yet.

They do, keep and eye on the scars/cleft lip. Different sides means different worlds ;)

Soldato
You do find out who those three 'unknowns' are, and it's worth noting that their scar is on different sides of their lips (in different worlds).

They do that 'shimmy' thing to indicate that you (the viewer) are switching worlds, and from the characters (and their appearance) it's normally indicative of which world you are watching.

Ah! I thought the shimmy thing was just a new effect due to an increased budget, makes sense now that this has a meaning to it.

They do, keep and eye on the scars/cleft lip. Different sides means different worlds ;)

Yes, i read that earlier - someone has posted pics etc on another site, cool touches!

Associate
Watched all of S3 over the last two days. Enjoyed it, though it was a bit tough to keep up with who's who/when/where. All in all they did a good job wrapping it all up. The conclusion actually made some sense - in a multiverse kinda way.

Soldato
I'm too dumb for this. I have literally no idea what's going on. Not one bit.
The matha with black hair is everywhere, Neilson was in the 50s before now he's back in the 21st C looking for his little brother again. None of it makes any sense...

Is there a timeline to help me.

Back
Top Bottom