1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DARK (Netflix)

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by mrk, 1 Dec 2017.

1. mrk

Man of Honour

This just launched today on the Flix, been keeping an eye on it ever since the early trailer came out, looks right up my street, and probably many others here.

This and The Orville will be my latest binge I think having just piled through Godless the past week.

2. Maximum Triceratops

Mobster

Watched the first one last night, shows promise.

3. Lartyconshayo

Mobster

Very good so far

4. mrk

Man of Honour

On episode 5 now. Superb cinematography. It's like the best elements of Stranger Things, It and Twin Peaks. Solid acting, directing and story telling, especially with the 50:50 split scenes showing past and present.

5. v0n

Sgarrista

Very good, story goes seriously deep into paradoxes, but very well done.

6. rids57

Soldato

Looks good but sadly I can't do subtitles :(

7. thezappa

Hitman

My GF doesn’t either (bad eyes) but you can change the language but the sound isn’t as good as the German audio.

E: Also am enjoying the show.

8. MookJong

Sgarrista

Can't wait to get stuck into this.

9. aaron

Wise Guy

Going to watch this but wondering whether to watch it German subbed or English dubbed, what do you guys reckon?

10. x-st

Wise Guy

I'd go subbed....lipflap kills English overdubs for me.

11. insideline

Perma Banned

Very good show. The comparisons to Stranger Things that I keep seeing are lazy and for me this is vastly superior to Stranger Things in just about every single area.

DO NOT WATCH THE DUBBED VERSION BTW. Not sure why anyone would ever consider watching anything dubbed provided the subtitles are available. Dubbing never ever improves a show, only worsens it and often ruins great acting performances of which there are several in this show.

12. JediFragger

Caporegime

Only if it's an old Kung-Fu flick, then it's funnier :D

13. beachBOYken

Capodecina

Just started watching this, looks promising so far, at first I was like what the hell is up with my audio, thinking my lip sync is well out, until I realised it was a German show, I immediately switched to german 5.1 and english subs. I agree, always should watch in the original audio language.

14. IvanDobskey

Sgarrista

No idea why anyone would watch dubbed. Subtitles every time for me.

Like the look of this, might give it a go.

15. MookJong

Sgarrista

My wife (then girlfriend) thought she didn't do subtitles either until we watched The Killing. Three episodes in and she forgot all about it. We have watched so many subtitled shows since then. I find they draw you in more because you have to watch and not be playing with your phone.

I grew up on Seven Samurai, Shaw Brothers Kung Fu Movies, La Haine and Downfall so it's never put me off one bit.

If you have struggled in the past with subtitles, try watching the show in a tablet, you may find it easier like holding a book.

16. neviditelny

Wise Guy

I've grown up watching subtitled movies since in Sweden we only dub kids shows and movies (Disney etc) so find it not a problem at all to watch subtitled shows and movies.

17. Efour

Caporegime

It's great. Watched EP 1 and 2 so far. Certainly got the prediction juices flowing.
    Very interesting and a little bit creepy and a lot wtf.

18. beachBOYken

Capodecina

On the subject of subtitles, I can highly recommend a Netflix series called The Break, the current show reminded me of it due to it being subtitles, it's brilliant as well.

19. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

This is really good. Definitely a better Stranger Things in my opinion.

I'm watching with the English audio which took a little while to get used to. Not sure if I should watch it again with subtitles.

20. ChroniC

Sgarrista

Watching it now. It has to get alot better to be a patch on Stranger things. Frst 4 episodes are like Eastenders, kid goes missing loads of booing and wailing and not alot more happening. Needs to get on with the story before I get bored.
    I don't see the similarity either, not even the same subject.

I enjoy the opening credits more than the show because it just brings back floods of nostolgia for Breaking Bad!

Last edited: 10 Dec 2017