Why Do Emails From Known Senders Go To Junk Folder? Yahoo.com Email Account?

Soldato
Can a helpful IT type explain why emails from known senders are being directed to the junk folder on an @yahoo.com email account I have?

I have previously tried to follow some explanations Google found, but they lost me on the 3-4 step as I know next to nothing how email servers and domains etc work.

Former hardware technician here who know just enough iOS, Mac OS and Windows to keep the household IT running. Most of the time.

Soldato
The contents of the email may have an increased spam score or detected as potential spoof email. Invalid DNS records such as SPF and DKIM / DMARC don't help with emails going to junk. The server they are sending from could potentially be marked on a blacklist too.

Associate
sorry I know this is not of help but I have a similar situation that I have been trying to resolved for weeks and cant get my head around it.

So my wife has a business that the website and email is hosted on a well known hosting provider.

She has automated emails that go to customers when they purchase items like any shop would but a lot of the time her emails go straight to spam. even stranger if she sends herself an email from the same domain it does the same.

I have tried running the emails through a testing platform for spam etc and it always comes back as not being caught by spam bots and everything seems fine...it must simply come down to the receiving persons email server settings and how it handles the domain.

it really is baffling.

Caporegime
How does one go about checking for that?

These are genuine emails from large and utterly legit corporations that are going straight into Junk folders.
are they corporations that constantly bombard you with spam?

doesnt stop ebay sending me emails all the time because I looked at some product on their website and they want to tell something like "it's not too late" or "did you forget to checkout"

Soldato
OP
are they corporations that constantly bombard you with spam?

doesnt stop ebay sending me emails all the time because I looked at some product on their website and they want to tell something like "it's not too late" or "did you forget to checkout"

This particular email which triggered the whole “how did that happen?” was from Air BnB and contained a booking request for one of our gites.

Back
Top Bottom