Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [4th - 6th July 2020]

Don
OP
Leave the Arsenal fans alone Baz. You can wind them up again when they sign the next Ronaldo or get another amazing manager in.
Liverpool are champions of everything right now. I'm taking my chance to wind everybody up thank you very much, I've waited long enough.

Man of Honour
Pepe out as his wife has gone into labour, Kolasinac vs Traore should be fun to watch.

Arsenal need to do us a favour and beat Leicester on Tuesday now.

Beat them yourselves on the last day!

You shouldn't complain. It's the only table you'll find where Arsenal have nearly 3 times as many points as Liverpool.

Fair enough, congratulations on your first Premier League title :cool:

Soldato
Good result in the end against Bournemouth, but the defending at times was awful. It sounds like Lindelof was dealing with a back injury so that explains his performance, but I thought De Gea and Matic were really poor. Bournemouth's goal threat went away when Fred came on, so credit to Ole for making the right subs. Going forward we are something else, truly exciting to watch now, which is not something I've been able to say since SAF left. Greenwood has to be one of the most exciting talents in world football, if he continues to develop and avoids injury then he'll be one of the best strikers in the world in years to come.

Caporegime
Good result in the end against Bournemouth, but the defending at times was awful. It sounds like Lindelof was dealing with a back injury so that explains his performance, but I thought De Gea and Matic were really poor. Bournemouth's goal threat went away when Fred came on, so credit to Ole for making the right subs. Going forward we are something else, truly exciting to watch now, which is not something I've been able to say since SAF left. Greenwood has to be one of the most exciting talents in world football, if he continues to develop and avoids injury then he'll be one of the best strikers in the world in years to come.

Matic still has talent but Ole cannot expect to play him every game as he doesn't have the legs anymore. I would start Fred next game to give him a bit of a rest.

Don
OP
Assuming City's CL ban stands then it's starting to look like there will be nothing to play for in the remaining 5 rounds of fixtures. The bottom 3 look dead and with Wolves losing it looks like the CL spots have been decided too.

Man of Honour
Assuming City's CL ban stands then it's starting to look like there will be nothing to play for in the remaining 5 rounds of fixtures. The bottom 3 look dead and with Wolves losing it looks like the CL spots have been decided too.

I'd be very surprised if it stands... fully expecting it to be overturned somehow.

Don
OP
I'd be very surprised if it stands... fully expecting it to be overturned somehow.
I genuinely haven't got a clue how it will play out. City have been very aggressive in claiming their innocence but they were also briefing the Manchester press pack that UEFA weren't going to ban them to begin with either.

As long as Leicester don't finish 5th then it's a no lose situation. Either City get banned or one of Utd and Chelsea finish 5th and miss out on the CL. All 3 eventualities are acceptable.

Soldato
Wasn't the most enjoyable game but did pretty well and took the few chances that were made. The lack of crowd seems particularly useful as far as Arteta being able to get instructions across and the team not crumbling or making daft mistakes under pressure/a hostile crowd.

Back
Top Bottom