Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [4th - 6th July 2020]

Soldato
Take origi off at half time, useless.

Ox has misdirected 90% of his passes thus far so he could come off too

If origi remains the back up next season I think I'll lose it, he is just not good enough

Soldato
I think if there's one criticism you can level at Liverpool (and there isn't many this season!) it's that if they alter the team much they're not even 50% of the team they normally are. Dunno if it's lack of quality in the backups/lack of chemistry or what.

Origi I'm sure will always have a huge place as an Anfield folk hero but he's a striker for Watford or West Ham not the best team in England.

Soldato
Echo post above that's all origi is living off with us the few important goals he has got us.

Even then exclude them in the games he got us them he still miss placed passes and ball bounced off him constantly

We either need a quality player of Bobby level or an alternate type of player that is quality.

Associate
Ox is great at driving at defences but there's no space and his passing isn't good enough to try anything else.

Origi isn't good enough - always looks so relaxed but every so often you want to see a bit of urgency or passion - technically not good enough either.

Robertson is having another mediocre showing - I can't remember the last time he had a cross or an assist, we need competition for him that isn't Milner.

Keita I hoped would be our missing piece but he's okay, nothing more, doesn't seem to excel at anything.

Firmino I can see coming on but he's been pretty woeful for months now (inc. before lockdown), doesn't have the pace the offer an alternative option. Maybe his guile and clever passes might be the key but if they don't work, he has nothing else.

Ultimately we've had great success but time to shake things up, too often we've seen a lacklustre Liverpool turn up almost with the attitude "we'll score at some point, we have nothing to prove" sort of mentality and it kills us, we're always better as the underdog.

We are in desperate need of a (quick) striker and a very technical playmaker, not sure Thiago will cut it. I really don't understand why everything is so slow and insipid, opposition defences just sit back and wait for the inevitably poor final pass.

Associate
I get the feeling Origi is lightning fast too, just NEVER bloody runs. If he could channel his inner Traore, at least he could be somewhat useful.

Caporegime
That play just highlighted the big difference between us and City. 6 men in the box and no one moved an inch to create space for Mane to pass to. If that were City, they wouldn't have stopped moving.

Associate
Trouble is too, look at our competition and they have creativity in abundance.

Chelsea - Mount, Gilmour, Pulisic, Ziyech, Werner
Utd - Greenwood, Rashford, Martial, Fernandez
City - Foden, Sterling, De Bruyne, Mahrez, B Silva

Associate
That play just highlighted the big difference between us and City. 6 men in the box and no one moved an inch to create space for Mane to pass to. If that were City, they wouldn't have stopped moving.

Exactly - constant runners and movement I don't understand why we're always so static.

Back
Top Bottom