Do cities have to be so sexist?

Soldato
'Upward-thrusting buildings ejaculating into the sky'

https://www.theguardian.com/artandd...kern-phallic-feminist-city-toxic-masculinity?

...The office tower, she wrote, is one more addition “to the procession of phallic monuments in history – including poles, obelisks, spires, columns and watchtowers”, where architects un-ironically use the language of “base, shaft and tip” while drawing upward-thrusting buildings ejaculating light into the night sky...

I love the Guardian, especially when they print what most would struggle to dream up if they were asked to mock the publication with parody. I'm assuming this lady wants to live in a warren with a little tuft of grass above the entrance and faint smell of mackerel emanating from within?

It reminds me of a previous article I read that had me shocked and amused in equal measure.

>Vaginal Knitting<

Let's do this, GD...

Soldato
Dunno what you're on about...

0-PAY-Asia-Wire-Guangxi-Building-02.jpg

Soldato
'Upward-thrusting buildings ejaculating into the sky'

https://www.theguardian.com/artandd...kern-phallic-feminist-city-toxic-masculinity?

I love the Guardian, especially when they print what most would struggle to dream up if they were asked to mock the publication with parody. I'm assuming this lady wants to live in a warren with a little tuft of grass above the entrance and faint smell of mackerel emanating from within?

It reminds me of a previous article I read that had me shocked and amused in equal measure.

>Vaginal Knitting<

Let's do this, GD...

That's the issue with the Guardian, their news pieces are pretty good, some of the opinion pieces are so ridiculously out there that they do themselves no favours.

That article, for example, to some degree what it says could be true but it's a minor issue that's largely a distraction from far more overt and defendable examples of 'patriarchy'.

Caporegime
Let’s carry that lesson into creating the non-sexist city.

Here's an idea: why doesn't she try and persuade more women to go into architecture and construction, then they can design and build their own buildings... Yeah, we'll be waiting a while.

Soldato
We should all start digging into the earth to create ground-vaginas instead.

Joking aside, I remember reading in the BBC TVL thread from a guy who loved The Guardian. Was very proud about being a subscriber, couldn't understand why anyone would find them to be ridiculous. Thought anyone who didn't want to pay the TLV was a probable criminal. Many links to articles like in the OP did nothing for him, he cared not. The Guardian is impartial and wonderful in his eyes.

Insanity takes many forms.

Last edited:
Soldato
There is a fine line between Guardian articles and parody.

It wouldnt be much work to turn their opinions in to comedy.

Back
Top Bottom