• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
Yeah that is a neat feature and underrated as well. 80C is overall temperature I assume, and not junction?

I did 30mins of benchmark running on AMD max fan running I set it to 60%, max gpu 69c down from 80c and Junction 93c fan speed was at 65% , will play around with fan speed try to get balance more also GPU was running 2100 - 2090mhz think the fan noise is still the same or not much difference

When I go into advanced fan tuning I cant set zero rpm so just went with changing Max Fan speed % this way the fans also stop when doing light tasks

Associate
When I go into advanced fan tuning I cant set zero rpm so just went with changing Max Fan speed % this way the fans also stop when doing light tasks

Yeah I found that so annoying. So much for advanced fan tunning. But yeah I just used the slider and set it to 100% when wanted to get max performance. It was like my GPU was about to take off!

Caporegime
Just ordered a Powercolor 5700 XT Red Devil.

I see we have a few owners of this GPU in this thread so i would appreciate if they could give their feedback on the GPU.

Would like to know what the default core clock and voltage are in Radeon Software at stock, and what GPU temperature and Junction temperature you see under extended load and with what fan speed?

Cheers. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I havent played for long but it went to around 80c this is on default fan curve

Just tried 1440p (2176x1224) 85% scale with Redeon Image Sharpening On couldnt notice any different in quality ran the benchmark in World War Z it went from 129fps to 150fps which is really nice boost, Really impressed with this card comes high clocked and trixx software :)
85% is the sweet spot, you'll get massive benefits and I defy anyone on a 4k monitor to notice as the Radeon Image Sharpening is IMHO the greatest thing ever and so underated, it's fasntastic in what it does quality wise and if you reduce it you just cannot see any difference. So, much better than nVidias version which I've seen and just makes things blury.

I always have mine set to 85% scale in AMD drivers and happy days, running everything 4k and more fps with no noticiable side effects, win win!

Associate
85% is the sweet spot, you'll get massive benefits and I defy anyone on a 4k monitor to notice as the Radeon Image Sharpening is IMHO the greatest thing ever and so underated, it's fasntastic in what it does quality wise and if you reduce it you just cannot see any difference. So, much better than nVidias version which I've seen and just makes things blury.

I always have mine set to 85% scale in AMD drivers and happy days, running everything 4k and more fps with no noticiable side effects, win win!

Just to add clarity - I think you are referring to the Adrenalin Radeon Image Sharpening. The one I was referring was the Trixx Boost exclusive to Sapphire Cards.

1. Radeon Image Sharpening
ovoti3b.jpg

2. Trixx Boost
13g4TFP.png

Associate
In my experience the Trixx Boost was much more effective as the principle is quite simple - it lowers resolution and thus the performance gain - the custom resolution depends on your adjustment of the slider in TriXX Boost. And on top of that you also have the option to enable Radeon Image Sharpening.

Caporegime
The Powercolor 5700 XT arrived and it is a tank. Great temperatures and very quiet.

Out of the box clocks are 2059 at 1.2v, which is one of the lower out of the box clocks I've seen, however i was easily able to max out the core clock at 2150Mhz at around 1.135v. That results in around 2055Mhz clock in game.

Memory was able to be increased by 100Mhz, 125hz crashes after 15 minutes of gaming.

Around 13-15c difference between GPU temp and junction temp which is very impressive, must be good contact.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Been trying to undervolt my GamingX but it was having none of it, will try again whilst increasing the PL (when it cools down a tad :D)
What's the stock clock/voltage as show in Radeon Software?

What clock speed / voltage are you aiming for?

Have played around with many samples so might be able to give you some settings to try.

Back
Top Bottom