What is white privilege?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I think its probably better to separate US and British experiences as we've had different histories.

White people in the US never really had a lower class because in their history of slavery it was always seen as black people. Whereas in Britain we do have a lower class, which is 99% white.

What we would see as lower class white people in the US won't face the same class discrimination that lower class white people experience in Britain.

I think a lot of the discrimination we see against black people here, most of it - not all, will be based on their social class rather than pure race i.e. its a mix, in my humble opinion.

Associate
No thanks, I'm perfectly happy knowing its just an insecure rightie rant and can just have a good chuckle about it without needing to waste any of my time.

And anyway, I'm just coming off a two day bender and really really cba :p

And that's where you've made yourself look like an asshat.

'Herp derp you are far right wacist derp derp'

Refute his points. Or just stop attacking him with childishness. Oh you've been on a giant **** up with your imbecile mates so that's a good reason to attack someone on a forum with no argument.

Soldato
Clown by name, clown by nature I see

No, he's completely right, you're on a discussion forum, just throwing baseless comments about 'insecure' 'righties' etc does you no favours. It just comes across as denial.

And now calling people clowns.... and making excuses for not providing reasoning... dearie me, perhaps you should just step out of the thread.

Soldato
Right. It includes black people too. And Asian people of all backgrounds. The point I made, and I'll state it again, is that there are no white specific focus groups.

All of the focus groups, except those dealing specifically with minorities, will be focused on the majority. The whole point of minority focus groups is to focus on issues that the other main focus groups miss.

ie, you have disabled focus groups. You don't have non-disabled focus groups. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Soldato
All of the focus groups, except those dealing specifically with minorities, will be focused on the majority. The whole point of minority focus groups is to focus on issues that the other main focus groups miss.

ie, you have disabled focus groups. You don't have non-disabled focus groups. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
We should have a focus group that looks at getting rid of all the ramps leading in and out of buildings. Steps are just so much easier, Im sure Trump fans agree with me on that one.

Caporegime

Except in areas where these minorities are majorities we still have these groups. If we're looking for a truly integrated society why do we distinguish between white, black, east Asian etc. Why's it a thing? There's is nothing about race that should mean any creed or colour needs a specific focus.
Those with disabilities have different needs, hence the point of a group to discuss, assess and meet those needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom