What is white privilege?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
It really doesn’t even come into my mind unless I am being racially abused which to be fair is pretty rare. Oddly enough I worked in Scotland for 10 years, never once was I ever abused for being Chinese but I got loads of stick for being born in England :eek::p

:D see, that's actually good to hear. The fact that you're Chinese is of no bearing to people at all and is how I see the vast majority of people thinking in this country. It's why I struggle to buy in to all of the oppression, discrimination and institutionalised racism bumpf. I just don't think it's prevalent.

And don't mind those skirt wearing nancies, they're just jealous we get sunlight down here.

Soldato
:D see, that's actually good to hear. The fact that you're Chinese is of no bearing to people at all and is how I see the vast majority of people thinking in this country. It's why I struggle to buy in to all of the oppression, discrimination and institutionalised racism bumpf. I just don't think it's prevalent.

And don't mind those skirt wearing nancies, they're just jealous we get sunlight down here.
This is how the vast majority of the population are, "institutional racism" is the most dishonest narrative being pushed onto society currently, there is no data that supports it and there are laws against discrimination of any kind already and have been in place for decades.

Racists exist, the media and others here would claim it's only white people, but they come from every demographic and race on the planet, unless you're policing peoples thoughts then it's always going to be this way.

Soldato
Like someone said earlier. It's class privilege in the UK, not race. Poor and white get just as much stick and just as low job prospects.

To get the top jobs you need to be born in to the life, or know people in it. They will look you up and down, see you aren't decked out in £1000s worth of suit and go nope before they even asses your abilities.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Like someone said earlier. It's class privilege in the UK, not race. Poor and white get just as much stick and just as low job prospects.
To get the top jobs you need to be born in to the life, or know people in it. They will look you up and down, see you aren't decked out in £1000s worth of suit and go nope before they even asses your abilities.

And that's why importing #BLM and other political nonsense from the USA should mean nothing to Europeans and especially Brits.

Permabanned
I think with what has unfolded in the passing months with BLM and the attitude of the left and political correctness. White privileged does not exists and it’s proven garbage.

If anything the opposite is unfolding, with ethnical minorities being platformed and over represented on a daily basis now. Every advert, every movie, every relationship now has manipulated ethnical representation which doesn’t reflect reality at all.
Then look at the blm joke. The deluded fiction. The many of the most privileged black people in fame, sport and TV all complaining about black oppression. From such privileged positions.

So after all those facts I just mentioned, where does this leave my white privilege. ?

absolutely nowhere. It’s just a more complex form of labelling and calling people racist to stop an opposing opinion being credited.

I think many have woken up to the reality.

Soldato
Except in areas where these minorities are majorities we still have these groups. If we're looking for a truly integrated society why do we distinguish between white, black, east Asian etc. Why's it a thing? There's is nothing about race that should mean any creed or colour needs a specific focus.
Those with disabilities have different needs, hence the point of a group to discuss, assess and meet those needs.

it’s a thing because minorities have their own specific problems and needs that aren’t met by policies that favour the majority.

you can’t on the one hand say everyone is equal and we shouldn’t differentiate then on the other say everyone has to make do with solutions that don’t fit their specific needs whilst it does someone else’s who doesn’t share that need. That’s not equality.

and whilst I agree, that in an ideal world race and colour wouldn’t come into it, we do not, I’m afraid live in an ideal world. things are not black and white, pardon the pun.

Caporegime
it’s a thing because minorities have their own specific problems and needs that aren’t met by policies that favour the majority.

you can’t on the one hand say everyone is equal and we shouldn’t differentiate then on the other say everyone has to make do with solutions that don’t fit their specific needs whilst it does someone else’s who doesn’t share that need. That’s not equality.

and whilst I agree, that in an ideal world race and colour wouldn’t come into it, we do not, I’m afraid live in an ideal world. things are not black and white, pardon the pun.

So, to take a recent example, we were told the countryside is not accessible for black people. What special needs to black people have that are to be catered for that white people don't to allow them to access the countryside?

Associate

If these minorities are struggling to adapt then it really is up to them to make compromises - or is this unreasonable?

Maybe specific examples of what you mean would help.

Man of Honour
So, to take a recent example, we were told the countryside is not accessible for black people. What special needs to black people have that are to be catered for that white people don't to allow them to access the countryside?

Surely this is a perfect example of why you'd have focus groups for specific races and not a white one?

Things like cycling and hiking are good for physical and mental health, if you have certain demographics that are under-represented in these activities, wouldn't it be in the government's (and societies) interest to find out why they don't take part despite seemingly having the same access?

Caporegime
Surely this is a perfect example of why you'd have focus groups for specific races and not a white one?

Things like cycling and hiking are good for physical and mental health, if you have certain demographics that are under-represented in these activities, wouldn't it be in the government's (and societies) interest to find out why they don't take part despite seemingly having the same access?

How do they not have the same access?

Caporegime
....that's what the focus group can find out.

It might not be as basic as they don't have the same access, something as simple as the way hiking/the countryside is advertised or portrayed can affect who ends up going.

Or...who gives a crap? If someone wants to go to the countryside there are no racial barriers. It is illegal to do so. It has been for many years. If they want to go, they can. Maybe they just don't want to go?

Soldato
I think with what has unfolded in the passing months with BLM and the attitude of the left and political correctness. White privileged does not exists and it’s proven garbage.
Just because it doesn't exist in the UK doesn't mean it doesn't exist at all

In the USA it is most definitely a thing as over there skin colour is effectively a substitute for the social class you were born into (as they don't have a class system).

Permabanned
So far these past few weeks we have had racism doesn't exist in the UK, white privilege doesn't exist and its all a construct of the left. Minorities will be glad to hear we have achieved this utopian equality in the UK.

Man of Honour
Or...who gives a crap? If someone wants to go to the countryside there are no racial barriers. It is illegal to do so. It has been for many years. If they want to go, they can. Maybe they just don't want to go?

People who want a happier, healthier society? People who pay tax and fund the NHS?

'It's illegal' is such a poor argument when it comes to discussing any form of discrimination.

Caporegime
dy3hyo.png

Man of Honour
Where's the discrimination?

You mentioned there's no racial barriers and that it would be illegal to have them, it's a rubbish argument.

So you think discriminating against people based on skin colour should be legalised? O.o

:confused:

No, I think saying something is illegal and therefore it doesn't happen/the problem is solved is a poor argument.

Associate
Just because it doesn't exist in the UK doesn't mean it doesn't exist at all

In the USA it is most definitely a thing as over there skin colour is effectively a substitute for the social class you were born into (as they don't have a class system).
If white privilege exists, can you provide examples of it that cannot be attributed to racism or discrimination, and can only be attributed to skin colour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom