What is white privilege?

Status
Not open for further replies.

V F

V F

Soldato
I got to page 3 and things went south. I've never seen so many people that love to argue as I went further through the thread. At first I wasn't sure if I was in Speakers Corner. As they like scoring imaginary points.

Associate
What makes you think these are two seperate groups of people? What makes you think people who've faced discrimination and bullying aren't the ones on the street trying to ensure it doesn't happen to others?

From my time living in moss side in manchester and speaking to local kids, they seem to have hopeless parents and a lot of bad local influences. And are usually poor and so sell weed to make easy money. I think the government could help by bringing back the money for kids at 6th form which they used to get under labour so that they can study and also they need to gentrify these areas and hope the people living there spread out.

Most people aren't racist fullstop. What kind of socioecominic issue would lead to a BAME person not being able to judge someone's charecter?

Soldato
Im not sure I buy into white privilege either. I’m Chinese but was born in England, of course I’ve suffered from racism through my life but I can’t say I’ve ever felt disadvantaged in any way. Occasionally felt humiliated or hurt, generally not bothered but never disadvantaged
I'm not convinced either. Privilege exists, yes, and everyone should be grateful and sympathetic towards those who have had less. People are confusing systemic racism with there being idiots in the world.

I've been on the receiving end of an idiot woman in Spain today, because I'm very white, so obviously not from there. Unfortunately for the woman, my other half is from there, and got the full force of the Mediterranean character.
Should I feel that the whole country is bigoted? Obviously not, just had a run in with an idiot, that's all.

If the situation had happened to the English Muslim family next to us, I'm sure it would have been considered a hate crime.

This country really isn't that bad compared to others in the EU, so that's why all this BLM ******** has wound me up.

Caporegime
White privilege, aka:

Being able to criticise black lies matter on TV and not being fired that's black privilege, not being 90% of the victims of interracial crime is black privilege, not being 75% of interracial murder victims is black privilege.

White privilege is a made is term from people on the far left to try to divide people, like male privilege, straight privilege, able-bodies privilege etc

Last edited:
Soldato
Something I've addressed before myself (can't find the post in search now though)

I said that a rich black women has more of an advantage over a poor white man, out of the gate.

White privilege is "all other things being equal", being white is an advantage in Western society.
The same as it is for every native population in every country across the world. Yet it's only an issue when its perceived white privilege? Sounds like racism.

Caporegime
The same as it is for every native population in every country across the world. Yet it's only an issue when its perceived white privilege? Sounds like racism.

The Sargon of Akkad guy summed up white privilege well, one of the few subjects I agree with him on. His culture identity political stuff is accurate as I have a sister in law that is 100% into it all and she is exactly the person that he blathers on about. Demonstrable fact and beyond cliché.

Soldato
Really? I disagree. Every single point on there is demonstrably true, with the exception of number 17. Infact, if you disagree could you provide sources which show them to be false?

10, 14, 15? lol

Sounds like it was written by the typical chip on the shoulder insecure rightie that seems to be the norm nowadays.

When did the right turn into such a whiny bunch of faries?

Soldato
10, 14, 15? lol

Sounds like it was written by the typical chip on the shoulder insecure rightie that seems to be the norm nowadays.

When did the right turn into such a whiny bunch of faries?

Clearly this is a list more based on the USA, but still very relevant to the UK,

also seems the only one 'whining' is you? Just dismissing it without justification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom