• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Wccf guys, remember 980TI beating RX 480.
Lol. Humbug, the RX 480 will beat the 980Ti guy :D

I can see why he thinks things are too hyped right now. He has been the driver of hype trains here in the past that have majorly derailed, that kind of thing has to leave some mental scars on a person :p

Soldato
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3090-GeForce-RTX-3080-GeForce-RTX-3070-TI-GeForce-RTX-3070-GeForce-RTX-3060-Gaming-Performance-Benchmarks.png

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce...pecs-leak-2100-mhz-gpu-19-gbps-gddr6x-memory/

Branding aside (3080Ti/3090), that looks plausible. Existing cards are where they should be and the 3090 is coming in at about twice the performance of the 1080Ti which is what's been rumoured before.

Caporegime

IF that graph was representative of actual performance (I have a bucket of salt next to me) then you would be a fool to buy a Titan.

OK so this is what nvidia can do for you:

Have a 1080Ti but need an 'upgrade'.. ooh my £700 cant get me the same, but I need the shiny Raytracing that Jensen's promised me this generation, looks like I can afford a 3060.

So absolutely no performance gain except it will use a 28% more power!!! lol
WTF... it's a 3060 that is intended as a lower mid-range card (within the high-end Ampere category bracket) and you are complaining that it doesn't significantly beat your 1080Ti? Do you have any actual common sense? :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Branding aside (3080Ti/3090), that looks plausible. Existing cards are where they should be and the 3090 is coming in at about twice the performance of the 1080Ti which is what's been rumoured before.

Don't think so...

If that is to be believed it is saying the Ampere Titan has worse memory performance than the 3090.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
WTF... it's a 3060 that is intended as a lower mid-range card and you are complaining that it doesn't significantly beat your 1080Ti? Do you have any actual common sense? :D

Depends on what its price is really, the only thing going for it is if it can raytrace really well. If you dont understand the two release period improvements to be made I cant really help you. Most of the new cards are performing better than the previous series one above (as common pattern shows).

What I am trying to highlight is you could be a person trading away an out of warranty 1080Ti and *shock horror* only afford the 3060 or possibly a 3070. Judging by those graphs (which may not be realistic) you are not getting any performance which would be a major disaster.

ed- yes you may have woken up to the price hikes which are high end and expensive "lower mid-rage" lol

Soldato
Whilst the 1080Ti is a know performance metric (from years past) surely they should be using the 2080Ti as the scale of how the new stuff is performing?

Unless they know that many people didnt get the 2000 series and clung onto the 10000 stuff.

Helpful for me who clung onto a 1000 series. Double perf is good. Now they need the price to be good too.

Caporegime
Depends on what its price is really, the only thing going for it is if it can raytrace really well. If you dont understand the two release period improvements to be made I cant really help you. Most of the new cards are performing better than the previous series one above (as common pattern shows).

What I am trying to highlight is you could be a person trading away an out of warranty 1080Ti and *shock horror* only afford the 3060 or possibly a 3070. Judging by those graphs (which may not be realistic) you are not getting any performance which would be a major disaster.

ed- yes you may have woken up to the price hikes which are high end and expensive "lower mid-rage" lol

Well obviously trading in a 4 year old top-end card is not going to give you the cost of a current new top-end card. In other news, chocolate melts.

It is reasonable for a 3060 to have the same raw performance as a 1080TI, which also doesn't take into account the massively improved RT performance that Ampere has which would put it well over a 1080 Ti in RT-enabled games.

Hold on a minute... Isn't the 3060 meant to be high end? :p:D;)
Overall yes, if all GPU's are taken into account then all RTX cards are certainly high-end to the varying degrees... but not in context of the Ampere high-end lineup that is specifically being discussed here. Happy to have this discussion again if you like. :)

Caporegime
IF that graph was representative of actual performance (I have a bucket of salt next to me) then you would be a fool to buy a Titan.

WTF... it's a 3060 that is intended as a lower mid-range card (within the high-end Ampere category bracket) and you are complaining that it doesn't significantly beat your 1080Ti? Do you have any actual common sense? :D
Just lol.

@Richdog is the guy who blocked me over a disagreement that the 2060 is not a "high-end" card (which he vehemently argued it was).

Now the 3060 is "lower mid-range".

You couldn't make it up.

But it's "lower mid-range in the Ampere line-up of high-end cards" ... lol, what a cop-out. These terms are almost always used to compare cards in a single generation. Nobody says "Ampere is high-end and Pascal is low-end".

Associate
a 3080 with 12GB vram and decent clocks could be very compelling, if Nvidia jerk about with the vram configuration or try and nerf the card in anyway then its just another red flag. These things in theory are produced on a cheaper node there should be plenty of margin for Nvidia to play with and pass some of that on to the consumer it could be awesome OR they muck people about... again... Beware the RTX perf metrics to disguise the raw perf

What's important is
- how big is the die and no. of processors/cores
- on what node
- what are its clocks
- what is the power limit
- what is the vram configuration
- Price & availability
- Is the Ti missing from the line up

anything else be that graphs, screenshots, RTX gumpf, claims of Ampere being 200times faster, anything DLSS related is potentially interesting but not that important as it could mean literally anything you need independent (i.e. not JayZ) verifiable benchmarks

Soldato
No idea why people use naming anymore to identify products vs. pricing.

What you need to do is look at cost per % of performance. If you pay the same for a '3060' and it performs the same as a 1080Ti after 3 years, then you've got the same product for 95% of its usage, except it is 3 years later for the same price you could have gotten a 1080Ti for near the end of its life. Essentially you wasted 3 years waiting for nothing.

The only interesting cards are priced between £150-350, the rest are an utter waste of space, especially once the new generation consoles are out for those who only play games. Nvidia are chancers, always have been, always will be.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Overall yes, if all GPU's are taken into account then all RTX cards are certainly high-end to the varying degrees... but not in context of the Ampere high-end lineup that is specifically being discussed here. Happy to have this discussion again if you like. :)
Lol. Will let you discuss it with FoxEye :p:D

Haha, seems I made you edit your post ;)

Associate
Comment from elsewhere regarding the latest 3080 rumour

Hi peasants. Enjoy 10 gigs of vram,
I will enjoy RTX 3090 with 24 gigs for 2400$ cus my parents are rich.
STOP BEING POOR!

Made me chuckle as it's quite apt considering some of the comments posted here recently :D

Soldato
Remember we used to go from xx80Ti to the new xx70 card being of similar performance.
Then last gen Nvidia shafter us an entire card going from 1080Ti perf being 2080 Perf. Yet costing more than ever! Literally shafting us an entire card in the stack.

Honestly wouldn't be suprised if this gen the 3080Ti had the same perf as the 2080Ti but we get more frames in minecraft and Quake 2 lol.

Back
Top Bottom