• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
34fps though :p

tenor.gif
LOL 34fps is very high it normally around 28fps in that game :D:D:D:D:D:D

Soldato
If Nvidia can show the 3080 will run Cyberpunk 2077 a 1440p/60fps at high/Ultra settings (inc Ray Tracing) or 4K/30fps with DLSS 2.0 within the constraints of 10GB of VRAM, I bet that will be enough to persuade many to jump in and forget about the VRAM issue...

Associate
So theres gonna be a

3070 8gb
3070 16gb
3080 10gb
3080 20gb

I thought they were gonna stop confusing the consumers with all the super and ti crap, so they have just started changing the numbers lol

Caporegime
So theres gonna be a

3070 8gb
3070 16gb (rumour only)
3080 10gb
3080 20gb (rumour only)

I thought they were gonna stop confusing the consumers with all the super and ti crap, so they have just started changing the numbers lol
Unless someone has a source for the 12/16/20 GB cards, they are just rumours.

Only 2 days to go :p

Soldato
Is it just me or is Tuesday going to be a massive anti-climax?

All we're going to get is confirmation of everything we already know via all the rumours. Reviewers don't even have cards yet so there'll be no benchmarks, aside from perhaps some of NVidia's own which you can't trust and again would only confirm what has already been rumoured.

All Tuesday is likely to add is an actual launch date.

Soldato

All we're going to get is confirmation of everything we already know via all the rumours. Reviewers don't even have cards yet so there'll be no benchmarks, aside from perhaps some of NVidia's own which you can't trust and again would only confirm what has already been rumoured.

We will also likely get details about new features, which is what I'm more interested in. Plus we'll know the price - also very important; leaks aren't credible on pricing issues.

Associate

according to moores law reviewers will get there cards this coming week

Caporegime
The only reason we don't see vram issues more often is because in general we get gimped console versions of games where on PC we mostly only get higher res/fps option as extra (eg Assassin's Creed, Horizon Zero Dawn etc).
I know people hate talk of consoles here, but there's a good chance with the new console gen imminent that we'll see a jump in VRAM usage across the board (in new games).

The 3070 with a measly 8GB strikes me as particularly stingy.

Frankly as others have said it seems a deliberate decision to ensure the cards don't last too far beyond the 4000 series launch.

It seems extremely cynical and insulting.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Will that 3070 have enough grunt in it to push 4k for 2-3years and actually make use of more than 8GB?

That is true, but you can always drop settings a little. Not like Maxed Out is the only way to play.

So, 2 days left until Nvidia reveal things?

I bet Jensen will concentrate on the huge improvement in RT performance for the main part and not talk about traditional performance that much :p

Soldato
34fps though :p

tenor.gif

It's very, very poorly optimized. 2600x, 32GB RAM, rtx 2080, can't really play @60fps in 1080p low settings. :)

That is true, but you can always drop settings a little. Not like Maxed Out is the only way to play.

So, 2 days left until Nvidia reveal things?

I bet Jensen will concentrate on the huge improvement in RT performance for the main part and not talk about traditional performance that much :p

Dropping settings means dropping in vRAM utilization. It's a hard thing to say if 8GB will be a problem or not in 2 years time.

Back
Top Bottom