• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
I'm so torn between just jumping all over a preorder and holding out...I do big bang upgrades and it's overdue.

My PSU and case I think should be fine for the new cards, so could get instant use out of it, but also my 1080 is doing a job for now. Potentially more options down the line to jump on whenever Zen3 launches...

I'm not too concerned about Big Navi as I definitely favour the green team. Combo of drivers and software features. Some of the new features sound great to add to it.

During the launch I was completely sold on a 3090 but the Scottish in me came out and I'm keen to hold off to see if the extra performance is really worth that much more money.

Wait until you have all the options at your fingertips, pre-order now, and in a few months time you'll be thinking "Wish i'd waited for x"....

Associate
Just remember the 3090 has memory modules on the back of the card so anyone trying to use their own AIo is going to have a bad time with over heating memory

iirc basically all 3090 coolers are now using new cold plates and heatpipes that transfer heat from memory modules at the back of the pcb into the backplate where the fans push the air through - stick an AIO and those memory modules have zero airflow and no heat transfer sadly

gamers nexus specifically mentikned he will be testing memory temperature as he believes someone is going to **** up their cooler design and not cool the memory at the back properly, it's a new design and some of the AIB won't know how to deal with it

Would a 3080 AIB be ok then? They look to be standard layout.

Associate
Can someone explain what the FE notation means? Is it simply "I got this card direct from them first". And it's basically a reference card?

If I'm going to custom WC mine at a later date, probably with an EK block, am I better off simply going for a FE, or going for one of the others Asus/Gigabyte etc? Or do we not know yet as there are no wb available?

FE = Founders edition, generally only sold direct from Nvida.

Soldato
I don't see any point in buying the 3070 or 3080 when there are higher VRAM cards in the offing, so my choices are to stick with my 2080 ti or go for the 3090.

Soldato
I am in awe of the size of this lad! :eek:

Eg6AiS0XsAAPhhr

Soldato
Can someone explain what the FE notation means? Is it simply "I got this card direct from them first". And it's basically a reference card?

If I'm going to custom WC mine at a later date, probably with an EK block, am I better off simply going for a FE, or going for one of the others Asus/Gigabyte etc? Or do we not know yet as there are no wb available?

"{{ swear_word }}" expensive.

Back
Top Bottom