• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

I don't get why everyone so happy about the pricing still. Is it just because Nvidia so grossly overpriced the 20 series that anything looks good.

The 3070 is still £150 more than what the 770, 970 and 1070 were priced at on average. That still puts it a whole tier up compares to three other generations.

Same premise with the 3080 pricing too. People are mad to think it represents overall good value to gamers. If they had dropped prices back in line with those generations I would be getting the reaction because that's where real value and cost to performance would shine.

Simply, because it could've been a lot worse, and the performance jump is good.

Soldato
I saw one sold on one of the auction sites few days ago for 550, what do you think is realistic price ?
Few days ago was before they announced the 3000 series cards. People weren't expecting nvidia to drop the price of the new cards to more reasonable levels, they also weren't expecting the 3070 to beat a 2080ti by some margin.

A 3070 is £469 and beats a 2080ti. So you have to account for that.

Soldato
The 3080 might look overkill at 1440p in today's games but I bet the next gen games will definitely tap in to the power these cards pack.

2021 will be the year where these cards get used though for what they are capable.

Only Watch dogs Legion and CyberPunk might push them this year.

Soldato
Will they be a zotac amp 3080?

Undoubtedly. There's obviously an embargo in place on specs right now so, whilst most manufacturers have opted to leave specs off their cards, Zotac have only announced their base models and obviously see no point releasing any details of the faster ones until they're allowed to publish full specs.

Soldato
Not going to lie. Only reason im getting an AIB card over Founders is looks. Sorry but thats all there is to it for me. Prefer the looks of the AIBs and willing to pay £20 more for it. Im sure the Founders card works just fine.

Back
Top Bottom