• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Associate
I've talked myself out of FE cards because of that awful connector positioning and ugly adaptor. There is no clean way that will satisfy my ocd for wiring that thing up!

I think that’s why I’m so torn between the FE and Aorus. I have a vertical mount and recently had new PSU cables, so having the FE I feel will hinder both of those things

Associate
I think that’s why I’m so torn between the FE and Aorus. I have a vertical mount and recently had new PSU cables, so having the FE I feel will hinder both of those things
Founders edition looks like its gonna be crap in vertical positioning in my view, hard to see without testing and every case is different but I don't see how you're not going to drive a heap of hot turbulent air into the middle of your case slowing down flow from the front intake on its way up to the top and rear exhausts.... I'm not sold it works that way at all

Associate
Founders edition looks like its gonna be crap in vertical positioning in my view, had to see without testing and every case is different but I don't see how you're not going to drive a heap of hot turbulent air into the middle of your case slowing down flow from the front intake on its way up to the top and rear exhausts.... I'm not sold it works that way at all

My NVME drive sat behind the graphics card is praying.

Caporegime
I meant the way the card pushes most of the hot air out of it and infront of the cpu cooler (this is a problem if you have a cpu tower cooler) which I will.

I know that gpus push the air upwards in that direction but with the FE it will be pushing most of the heat out of one spot and that spot being right infront of a tower cooler rather than distributed over more space and fans.

Of course if your cpu is water cooled then there is no issue :)

I don't hate it (read above your quote here). As I said it's just the reason why I would not buy it for me personally. I could be very wrong.

You see I dont see why it wont be an even bigger issue with the AIb cards then? All but one of them has great big holes through the backplate so the third fan will be pushing the air to your cpu cooler even more than the FE card. Even worse the front fan will be doing the same and all of the heat from these very very hot cards is going to pushed inside your case towards the cpu.

AT least with the FE, half of the heat is pushed out of your case.

So I can see it being even more of an issue for AIB buyers than FE buyers tbh

Associate
Surprised people are that desperate they can't wait another month to see how AMD scared Nvidia so bad. These launch prices most certainly weren't from their own good grace.

Be sensible, if AMD really do rock the boat you'll soon see a 3070ti/3080ti hit the shelf, and it'll make you instantly regret being a day one buyer.

Associate
Surprised people are that desperate they can't wait another month to see how AMD scared Nvidia so bad. These launch prices most certainly weren't from their own good grace.

Be sensible, if AMD really do rock the boat you'll soon see a 3070ti/3080ti hit the shelf, and it'll make you instantly regret being a day one buyer.
AMD? nah thanks.

Back
Top Bottom