• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Associate
Why are they taking money straight away from paypal without even notifying us of an ETA or confirmation email? So basically they now have my money for possibly weeks until they decide to ship?

Associate
Mass confusion everywhere I look! XD the whole thing is typical and is just history repeating itself every time a new gen comes out

Anyway this year don't know if I got lucky but my order for the gigabyte eagle went through at about 14:30 @ £649. Got a confirmation from paypal, its in my order history on OCUK but no confirmation email from OCUK as yet. Who knows what happens next... I'll probably be back on here next week asking if anyone has started to receive their cards, calling customer services for queue position etc etc...

Soldato
I got the palit 3080 for 689 from here at 2:28pm it said preorder but hopefully I was quick enough to get it this week.

I'm so happy just checked a review and it's seems a decent cooler.

Soldato
I spoke to several etailers on my frantic attempt to get a card. 2 of the customer service agents said its been a nightmare and 95% of orders have taken the money and you likely have to wait 4 to 5 days for a bank refund to show in your account if you decide to get a refund. One order I got accepted and after paypal payment got the wrong address (god knows how) they said my order had indeed gone through but the shipping date was December 11th. And I paid extra for next day delivery. Got a very nice apology but seriously the worst launch I've ever encountered in my entire life.

Soldato
Really is a scumbag move moving money and pricing at the final few seconds of people checking out, lost my respect OcUK, hugely so.
card.png

I saw the pricing jump all over the place as well even just before i placed my order, is someone there that keeps adjusting the price? Even after i placed this it was at 698.99

Caporegime
“We are seeing unprecedented demand for the RTX 3080. We have been in production since August and are making them as quickly as possible. Our NV team and partners are shipping more every day to etailers & retailers”

LOL, they're only in production a month and a half...desperation launch.

Soldato
Really is a scumbag move moving money and pricing at the final few seconds of people checking out, lost my respect OcUK, hugely so.
Yea part of me just wants to ask for my money back and take my business elsewhere, purely because of that move, but ...how would that really help me and chances are I wont be able to land another card for a while anyway, not the one I want at least ...which I feel has been used against me a bit here but rock and hard place as someone who really wants one I guess I'm open to such abuse. Then again I have a 1080Ti so it's not like I'm poverty gaming on a GTS 450 or anything, I could have just waited it all out.

Back
Top Bottom