• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Soldato
There are differences and (especially) the 3x 8pin cards can do a lot more but for example here's a weird thing, the TUF OC with 2x 8pin can do 375W (pl max, doable, many 2080ti before had the 380W bios and even more) and on the other side the MSI X-Trio with 3x 8pins only does 320W (340 PL maxed out).
Come on MSI, you can do better, it's your flagship model (even with less gpu phases than the TUF) . :o

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio has a plastic backplate, fail.

Associate
MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio has a plastic backplate, fail.
It's not (entirely) plastic and it's not 100% graphene as it should be.
But it's a cheaper mix of plastic and graphene, a little heat conductive.
Luckily there are no poscaps on the back and all front components are well cooled.
One good thing is that your rams (or cpu if you have an air cooler) won't get affected by a hot stream.

Associate
So for someone who has no intention of overclocking the card you still think no point spending the extra £30 to go from say the Asus Tuf or Gigabyte Eagle to the Asus Tuf OC?
Read the reviews, the "non OC" will be similar to the FE in boost clocks.
If you're happy with them (and their temps) why not?
Anyway there should be 3 leves of gpu bining with this GA102-200, Bin 0 (lowest quality), Bin 1 and Bin 2 (highest quality).
Probably the cheaper cards will be equipped with the Bin 0 gpus.

Associate
I think something is crazy here. Went onto the auction site to check things out.

Started laughing at some people willing to pay £1400/£1500 for a RTX 3080.

Then started to see bids of £10000+ and then just spotted a ridiculous one for £40000 with hours left to run. Can't attach the screen grab. Has the world gone mad?

Associate
I think something is crazy here. Went onto the auction site to check things out.

Started laughing at some people willing to pay £1400/£1500 for a RTX 3080.

Then started to see bids of £10000+ and then just spotted a ridiculous one for £40000 with hours left to run. Can't attach the screen grab. Has the world gone mad?

Many are not legitimate bids. They're getting trolled by accounts that will never pay up.

Associate
See retailers should do more to prevent bots from sniping. Whenever there is scarce stock and high demand 1 per customer should be a thing. There's no way genuine customers can get anything when they go against a bot that can snipe all the stock in matter of milliseconds.

Associate
Read somewhere someone created bots to mess with scalpers and post ridiculous bids so no one actually buys them at inflated prices.

Associate
I wonder if @Gibbo here could insert a new rule limiting to 1 x household the purchases of these extremely rare 3080's.
At least until they become available in volumes.
I tried to buy from OC but site was dead so went to competitors confirmed at 2:02pm got mail I'll get one next day ... That didn't happen. Apparently I'm in the queue but God knows if there isn't 20000 bot orders ahead of me. Nvidia apparently started revising orders and cancelled multiple orders coming from one account. Apparently you were able to buy FE hours after because of that.

Soldato
See retailers should do more to prevent bots from sniping. Whenever there is scarce stock and high demand 1 per customer should be a thing. There's no way genuine customers can get anything when they go against a bot that can snipe all the stock in matter of milliseconds.

I doubt they are really bothered so long as they get the £££££££

Back
Top Bottom