Cyclists Beware

Permabanned
I had to watch it twice and then let it run to the slow motion part as I could not see where he went to after the impact.

BB19onFb.jpg

Shocking moment great-grandad killed in hit and run crash in Birmingham (msn.com)

Permabanned
OP
Car looked to be going pretty fast so he may have not judged it right as it was far away so had time to turn, cannot see if the bike has lights (do not think so).

Soldato
So the guy is cycling into traffic. What does he / police / his family expect??

Motorists beware of people cycling down the road directly into you! I feel sorry for the driver but R.I.P of course

Permabanned
OP
The issue is the guy in car did a runner.

"The BMW then stops further down the street and the four occupants run away from the scene leaving Mr Goulbourne dying in the road."

Soldato
The car was going way to quick, but from the driver's angle he wouldn't have seen the cyclist peeling off from behind the oncoming car until it was to late.

Permabanned
OP
Yip, could not see in normal speed playback as it was it so fast until I knew where to look at seeing the slow mo playback now I can see him each time.

I think he ended up behind that low wall or on it, can see him just about there then nothing.

Soldato
Probably for the guy that hit him to stick around, report it, call an ambulance, check he's alive?

You know...not to break the law :confused:

But the law often blames the driver by default, even when it isn't their fault. Which is why people do a runner.

Not that this guy shouldn't get some blame for the speed he was going.

Permabanned
OP
If you look at driver he may not even have a license (hence the runner), could be lack of insurance.

You would think at least 1 out of 4 would have had a shred of decency and did something even make a call.

Back
Top Bottom