Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Partey was maybe Atletico's best player against us and also not a cheating sack of ****. Pretty good get for Arsenal

Athletico were garbage at Anfield regardless of the result. They just sat back and got lucky. They were completely dominated.

45 million isnt a ridiculously low release clause. Thats still a good chunk of money.

Caporegime
Even after sleep I have woken up to what seems like a bad dream. It is just a big shambles. I totally expect us to be mid table by Christmas and unfortunately Ole sacked and the cycle rinse and repeat.

We have three keepers on astronomical wages. Why hasn't Romero been sold? That's 5 million a year just burnt up in flames.

Edison Cavani is just a mercenary that is just going to make things worse. Martial was arguably our player of the season and a lot of social media outlets seem to agree on that. If Cavani does play at all Martial will be pushed out wide which isn't what he wants at all. The great thing about our front three is their interchangeability during transition and play. Cavani brings nothing. He might be good for one season but Martial is the future what is the point of potentially ruining that?

I am totally flabbergasted that the Sancho deal hasn't gone through. All we simply needed to do was buy him on the 10th of August and then use the rest of the time to sell off as much of the deadwood to recoup the cost. I would be surprised if our net spend would have been more than 100 million going this route including the players we have brought in.

The two winger kids we have signed are obvious last minute gasps because the Sancho deal has completely fallen flat on its face. God knows what they are going to do. You hope for the next Ronaldo but I have more chance of winning the lottery.

Manchester United as a club are closing so many doors to other clubs by the way it is dealing with them it is unreal. Haaland and Sancho have both failed miserably.

VDB and Telles are about the only decent signings we have had. VDB as an alternative to Grealish and Telles as an option to fight for left back.

We are still missing a CB and a winger.

Phil Jones, Jesse Lingard, Sergio Romero, Lee Grant (Lol), Marcos Rojo, Fosu-Mensa are all still at the club. Even if you had a fire sale that is roughly 50 million + 10-20 million in wages that could have been recouped and gone towards a CB or Sancho.

At the end of last season I was hopeful and excited to be back in the champions league. I am now completely dreading the next month. Ole has been shafted and I feel for him but now he needs to be ruthless and start making changes in our team selection as many of our players are not at the races. :mad:

Congratulations to Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Leeds, Everton and Liverpool who actually have employee's at their club that know what they are doing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Arsenal have done well this window and have backed there manager whilst United have hung Ollie out to dry just like they did with lvg and Jose get top 4 then get no backing then the sack it's a viscous circle at United Ollie wanted and United needed a right winger and a cb he got none of them

Soldato
Even after sleep I have woken up to what seems like a bad dream. It is just a big shambles. I totally expect us to be mid table by Christmas and unfortunately Ole sacked and the cycle rinse and repeat.

We have three keepers on astronomical wages. Why hasn't Romero been sold? That's 5 million a year just burnt up in flames.

Edison Cavani is just a mercenary that is just going to make things worse. Martial was arguably our player of the season and a lot of social media outlets seem to agree on that. If Cavani does play at all Martial will be pushed out wide which isn't what he wants at all. The great thing about our front three is their interchangeability during transition and play. Cavani brings nothing. He might be good for one season but Martial is the future what is the point of potentially ruining that?

I am totally flabbergasted that the Sancho deal hasn't gone through. All we simply needed to do was buy him on the 10th of August and then use the rest of the time to sell off as much of the deadwood to recoup the cost. I would be surprised if our net spend would have been more than 100 million going this route including the players we have brought in.

The two winger kids we have signed are obvious last minute gasps because the Sancho deal has completely fallen flat on its face. God knows what they are going to do. You hope for the next Ronaldo but I have more chance of winning the lottery.

Manchester United as a club are closing so many doors to other clubs by the way it is dealing with them it is unreal. Haaland and Sancho have both failed miserably.

VDB and Telles are about the only decent signings we have had. VDB as an alternative to Grealish and Telles as an option to fight for left back.

We are still missing a CB and a winger.

Phil Jones, Jesse Lingard, Sergio Romero, Lee Grant (Lol), Marcos Rojo, Fosu-Mensa are all still at the club. Even if you had a fire sale that is roughly 50 million + 10-20 million in wage wages that could have been recouped and gone towards a CB or Sancho.

At the end of last season I was hopeful and excited to be back in the champions league. I am now completely dreading the next month. Ole has been shafted and I feel for him but now he needs to be ruthless and start making changes in our team selection as many of our players are not at the races. :mad:

Congratulations to Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Leeds, Everton and Liverpool who actually have been employee's at their club that know what they are doing.
You put it better than me pogba won't sign new contract now and Bruno will want to leave and probably rashford and the rest of the decent players won't want to stay

Soldato
Sancho was never going to happen. Bit dramatic to think players will want to leave. They will be on a shedload there.

I could list a load of Liverpool players that havent left aswell. Granted they are better then Uniteds lot but you need buyers to actually buy them.

This isnt Fifa...clubs have to actually want the garbage United are trying to sell.

One last edit. Adam, you mention us in regards to the window, weve signed a defender, forward and a midfielder...like you.

Caporegime
Sancho was never going to happen. Bit dramatic to think players will want to leave. They will be on a shedload there.

I could list a load of Liverpool players that havent left aswell. Granted they are better then Uniteds lot but you need buyers to actually buy them.

This isnt Fifa...clubs have to actually want the garbage United are trying to sell.

One last edit. Adam, you mention us in regards to the window, weve signed a defender, forward and a midfielder...like you.

Yes but your squad is already the best in the country. It needs tweaks that is all. United are at a totally different stage. Klopp is what in his 5th/6th year now? You have also bought really well. We have made massive mistakes on the likes of Lukaku and Maguire. That is getting on 200 million right there!

I agree you need to find people to buy the players but there comes a time where you draw a line in the sand and just get rid for a cheap price. I am sure even Phil Jones for £5 million could find a club as he is only 28 and still has a few years left in him. Leeds wanted to buy Daniel James for 20 million. I would have bit their arm off.

I am also sure Romero could be sold in a flash as well. Why he is still at the club just beggars belief.

Soldato
I'm diappointed for Romero more than anything. He's too good a keeper to be a second, let alone a third nd he's always impressed with his attitude, the way he's been treated has been harsh. Especially dropping him in the cups as we progressed when it was arguably DDG that cost us in those games!

I don't think anyone is taking most of our dross though, as @omnomnom says, you need people to want to buy those players and no-one who could afford their wages would touch them.

Soldato
Yes but your squad is already the best in the country. It needs tweaks that is all. United are at a totally different stage. Klopp is what in his 5th/6th year now? You have also bought really well. We have made massive mistakes on the likes of Lukaku and Maguire. That is getting on 200 million right there!

I agree you need to find people to buy the players but there comes a time where you draw a line in the sand and just get rid for a cheap price. I am sure even Phil Jones for £5 million could find a club as he is only 28 and still has a few years left in him. Leeds wanted to buy Daniel James for 20 million. I would have bit their arm off.

I am also sure Romero could be sold in a flash as well. Why he is still at the club just beggars belief.

I get that but it takes time and you have to be patient. Ole isnt the man to taje you forward either so perhaps notnspending a bucketload isnt a bad thing.

Re Romero. Look at us right now and be thankful hes your number 2.

Soldato
I get that but it takes time and you have to be patient. Ole isnt the man to taje you forward either so perhaps notnspending a bucketload isnt a bad thing.

He's our third now. Henderson is number 2

Romero was excellent as a number 2 for us, but i always felt he deserved to be a number 1 at somewhere like Everton.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'm diappointed for Romero more than anything. He's too good a keeper to be a second, let alone a third nd he's always impressed with his attitude, the way he's been treated has been harsh. Especially dropping him in the cups as we progressed when it was arguably DDG that cost us in those games!

Yeah, he is plenty good enough to be first choice almost anywhere and we have by all accounts pulled in Henderson and not really told him that hes 3rd choice now. Has never kicked up a fuss and has always been a brilliant backup for DDG even when he should have been replacing him.

All in all, another **** transfer window. The club is just rotten. I can't help but feel there is a huge cultural issue amongst the players because we blow so hot and cold depending on the position of the moon. Ole is not a top manager. Never will be but I don't think the players dislike him. We have got a good squad. Not the best in the league but in the top 4 I reckon. The way we played against Spurs just beggered belief. Spurs looked like they were playing a pre-season game against a league 2 team and the scoreline reflected that.

It feels like the players have all the power at United and there are no consequences when they don't perform. They know that if results don't go well the manager will just be fired and they will keep getting their overvalued salaries and wait for the next schmuck to turn up. With the right manager I think we could do well but that manager would be walking an ever present tightrope and hoping that the players don't suddenly reject one of their ideas or fall out with them.

I'm struggling to give too many ***** about United these days. I was going to turn off the Spurs game at half time but I watched to the end and there was little emotion to it. Almost a perverse pleasure in seeing how **** the next goal we conceded would be.

I'm not a believer in this idea that you need to be spending hundreds of millions every window or its going to be awful, thats an excuse. Almost the entire league is expected to spend far less than us and the managers are expected to do what they can with the players they have. Most of them would bite your arm off for our team.

We've become like the person who wastes their life doing nothing and always makes excuses and blames others for their issues. We cherry pick examples of other teams that had a good window, ignoring the fact they haven't spent for a few years. We ignore the fact that more than half the league are playing a better style of football than us with a team assembled on 1/20th of ours. We ignore the fact that managers are paid huge salaries to get even more value from the players that have been brought to the club and its clearly the simplest way to improve a club.

We are paralysed by the dichotomy that seems to suggest that you either stick with a **** manager for years and he will come good (when does that really happen) or that we are firing managers pointlessly without giving them a chance. There is a sensible time to get rid of managers who are not performing. If its clear its not working then getting rid is not a bad thing. If we took a bit more care picking managers and had a plan perhaps we wouldn't go through so many because it clearly does cause issues with the players. When they know a run of bad form will ultimately cost the manager they don't care.

Caporegime

He is our number 3 so isn't going to get any game time what so ever sitting on 80k a week. Dean Henderson returned to United months ago so they have had plenty of time to offload him. Romero has played in European finals for his club, a world cup final and is a very solid and decent keeper.

It just sums up the board at United so well as only they could mess up what should realistically be such an easy sell.

He would improve Chelsea and Everton easily. They could have also flogged him to Villa as he is a better keeper than Martinez.

Soldato
Maybe he doesnt want to leave? You have to factor that in aswell. With Covid doing the rounds again I wouldnt be too bothered about having numbers in a certain position. Its about to cripple Liverpool and i cant see them postponing the league anytime soon.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Maybe he doesnt want to leave? You have to factor that in aswell. With Covid doing the rounds again I wouldnt be too bothered about having numbers in a certain position. Its about to cripple Liverpool and i cant see them postponing the league anytime soon.

His missus came out and had a whinge about the way he has been treated at United. He wants to move I'm pretty sure but we wouldn't budge on £8m and then his wages on top.

Soldato
His missus came out and had a whinge about the way he has been treated at United. He wants to move I'm pretty sure but we wouldn't budge on £8m and then his wages on top.

So you shouldnt. He's a half decent keeper who's worth that. Why should United just bend over and take whatever they can? Its not just about now...its about the next window and the one after that. Take us as an example. Clubs know they cant take the mickey with us. You pay the price or you dont get the player...United are absolutely right to reject a low ball offer.

fez

fez

Caporegime
So you shouldnt. He's a half decent keeper who's worth that. Why should United just bend over and take whatever they can? Its not just about now...its about the next window and the one after that. Take us as an example. Clubs know they cant take the mickey with us. You pay the price or you dont get the player...United are absolutely right to reject a low ball offer.

I understand what you are saying but we will be paying him a lot of money to not play and suddenly that £8m is gone within a year or so. You shouldn't get lowballed all the time but when you back yourself into a corner you sometimes have to take your medicine and chalk it off as a loss. There are far bigger issues to solve than this at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom