• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
So you think companies are fully transparent? Having worked in the IT industry for 25 years at manufacturers, distributors and resellers, let me tell you, I don't need to be wearing a tin foil hat to tell you that you are incredibly naive. As someone in this queue I don't expect transparency. I would think that OC would be foolish not to prioritise their prebuild business, it would be lunacy not to. And the thought of listing everything that they get in is in fact laughable.

Can you imagine a world where the staff assembling the prebuilds are now sitting around,reading the papers because there is a queue. Your naivety must be really attractive to the ladies! Are you blond too?
On the flip side. If it were found to be true that prebuilt systems were jumping the line for gpu only customers, I imagine it would be quite detrimental to the companies image and threaten the loyalty of customers that have spent several thousand on more than one occasion.
Having never purchased a prebuilt system myself and not doing so currently I could not say if those customers are also in a list as long as the one I'm in. Only 1197 customer in front of me.
Nvidia have already stated supply issue globally so what's a retailer to do ?

Associate
2020 in real:

In factory:

- Hey guys, how many cards you are making daily?
- We don't know.

Delivery guys:

- Hey, when this unknown number of card will be sent to stock?
- We don't know, as they don't know how many they produce.

Retailers:

- Hey guys, what is the status for our customers that paid a lot of cash?
- We don't know, as no one knows how to do business (suddenly)

At at Nvidias offices _ "hey the RTX30XX launch is a shambles" , "quick lets find someone to blame" "Hey I got an idea,lets blame the damn customers for too many of them wanting the thing we can't produce" !

Associate
Does anyone have any information on the inno3d ichill x4 3080? I have been given my oc queue number of 65 and was wondering how often they have been receiving stock for this card.. thank you

I'm number 9 in that que and I don't expect to be getting my card until November given that the X2 is apparently not shipping until late October as was mentioned a few pages back. Sucks, keeping tabs on other sites in case any other brands go on sale again sooner.

Associate
All I can add is I have a sour taste dealing with OC atm, and Im not alone reading these threads, it's just something not sitting right with me I feel like they have contempt for me as a customer and something just doesn't feel right about the whole way they have gone about pre orders etc, just a few small things aren't adding up at the moment for seemingly an increasing amount of people, I just don't trust them at this point.

Im 25th in the queue system, but if my card's not here by the time AMD cards facts and figures are official I will be refunding and I don't feel like purchasing my AMD card at OC , sorry just aint sitting right with me at the moment.

But make no mistake OC do have you by the short and curlys if you want a 3080, and everyone including OC know by the time the next big launch comes around (4080?) people have short memories, perhaps why OC come across as arrogant?

Anyways not a hate filled angry post this, just how Im feeling shared.

Associate
All I can add is I have a sour taste dealing with OC atm, and Im not alone reading these threads, it's just something not sitting right with me I feel like they have contempt for me as a customer and something just doesn't feel right about the whole way they have gone about pre orders etc, just a few small things aren't adding up at the moment for seemingly an increasing amount of people, I just don't trust them at this point.

Im 25th in the queue system, but if my card's not here by the time AMD cards facts and figures are official I will be refunding and I don't feel like purchasing my AMD card at OC , sorry just aint sitting right with me at the moment.

But make no mistake OC do have you by the short and curlys if you want a 3080, and everyone including OC know by the time the next big launch comes around (4080?) people have short memories, perhaps why OC come across as arrogant?

Ohh you poor poor thing. Sounds more like self entitlement and probably insulting telephone manner. I'm 1198 and this is a problem at Nvidia not retail. If you can't garner that from this long winded forum then please do feel frustrated as possible cancel your order and crack on

Associate
Ohh you poor poor thing. Sounds more like self entitlement and probably insulting telephone manner. I'm 1198 and this is a problem at Nvidia not retail. If you can't garner that from this long winded forum then please do feel frustrated as possible cancel your order and crack on
Poor communication from a vendor isn't Nvidas fault though... is it.....

Associate

i would just describe it as disappointing. I don’t think OC have done anything unforgivable or truly unfair, here. But they certainly haven’t gone above and beyond. Based on other experiences I have seen from people who didn’t buy from OC, I will probably go another direction for future releases.

though the forum is pretty nifty

Associate
Seems bad when u have to look at a competitor website to have some form of incline when the company u ordered from will get stock in

Associate
i would just describe it as disappointing. I don’t think OC have done anything unforgivable or truly unfair, here. But they certainly haven’t gone above and beyond. Based on other experiences I have seen from people who didn’t buy from OC, I will probably go another direction for future releases.

though the forum is pretty nifty
ngl idek where else id go, not to the jungle maybe to 3.3.12 idk

Associate
When they say 'small amount of stock arriving today', do we have any idea what sort of numbers they are talking about? I don't know if that means 5 or 100, a rough estimate would be helpful. I purchased the 3080 with PayPal credit (planning to pay it off early next year) so I'm not too happy potentially being charged interest and my credit rating taking a hit for something I have absolutely no idea when i will get it but at the same time I've got all my other components ready and badly want it all sorted for when Cyberpunk is out so i don't want to cancel and then not play the game ive been looking forward to more than any in my life until next year. First world problems ay. Im 781 in the queue apparently, an update would be nice....

I wish I held onto my 980ti now so I could at least start Cyberpunk on lower settings.

Associate
Anybody had any follow up emails about queue positions?

It said that there would be a new email after each shipment letting me know my new position

There has been 2 shipments of TUF OC 3080 since the email dated 29th and I have heard nothing I was 487th so in the best case scenario I will be 387th (shipments stated as "small" are 50 or less)

Back
Top Bottom