• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Soldato
So OC really are telling you exactly what 3080s are coming in are they? Every single one, fully transparent? I've got a seaside property for sale in Birmingham you might want to look at!

I present to you. The one and only, Mighty, Super duper awesome, Mega cool, Definitely attractive to the ladies, Tin Foil Cap +3 -- it even has an added bonus of HP+50.

Associate
There will be a workforce of x people doing prebuilds for OC. The margins for selling prebuilds will be higher than shifting boxes. Do you really think they are going to send out the cards to those who ordered first and leave their staff scratching their back sides? Are they going to decimate their margins? If they are to build, for instance 200 machines per week and 150 are for 3080, then the 1st 150 will go to prebuilds. That's business sense.

Mind you, they will never tell you that. That wouldn't be business sense. Wouldn't be such a problem if there wasn't such a shortage but the slow trickle coming into OC's dam will be a a slow drip feed to this queue.

That is greed over customer service. Its a business with expectations. Not my business, Im just a customer. Frankly I don't give a damn about a little bit more profit for OC. We still don't know if its true though.

Associate
Well my baldurs gate 3 just finished downloading , so there that
I'm saddened that at position 4 for pny card as there have literally been no pny 3080s shipped by oc , and competitor has shipped 3 batches

Associate
Well my baldurs gate 3 just finished downloading , so there that
I'm saddened that at position 4 for pny card as there have literally been no pny 3080s shipped by oc , and competitor has shipped 3 batches

haha snap.. just downloaded it too... im 2nd in line for the EAGLE OC 3080..... something to keep me distracted :D

Associate
Does anyone have any information on the inno3d ichill x4 3080? I have been given my oc queue number of 65 and was wondering how often they have been receiving stock for this card.. thank you

Associate
I've been following this thread and the previous one since launch and its honestly laughable. Everyone demanded a que position, we got them and people complained. People demanded to know whats coming in, Gibbos telling us what's coming in and people are complaining its not specific enough. Now people are demanding to know exactly whats coming in and out and I expect Gibbo will start telling everyone to keep people happy. Even after all of that people still have the audacity to say that OCuk is a bad company with bad practices. The way this is going I'm fully expecting people to demand a live webcam be setup looking at the loading Dock to see when pallets are coming in.

I'm 46th in the que for a gigabyte Eagle. I've promised my brother my old 1070 for his build which he can't use at all until I've got my new card and he is patiently waiting even though he spent every penny he earned over the summer on his new build. I could jump in and demand to know where my card is but whats the point? It'll get here when it gets here and me complaining won't make it get here any quicker.

People saying they'd prefer to have the money in their pockets earning interest than OC's, whats the interest your going to get in a few months? If its more than a pound I realllllllllllly want to know who your banking with so I can get in there aswell.

Leave the poor staff at OC alone and let them get to work.

Rant over
:)
Your whole rant, I might agree if it wasn't for the fact that Gibbo's information is inconsistent with the information posted on the status page on the store, and both are inconsistent with the info gathered by the users (for example, shipment notifications are not always matching shipments coming in).
So people ask to know more because they're trying to understand what is the actual situation: is OCuk really receiving shipments daily as the status page says, or is it only every three-four days as Gibbo's reports seem to indicate? Is OCuk really "in the best position to receive shipments" before anyone else, or is it actually at the bottom of the chain since several AIBs seem to not send any stock this way? Has EVGA really decided to only send to the US market as OCuk customer support said, or was that bs given that several etailers in Europe have shipped EVGA cards to pre-orders already?

You know, if the OCuk staff could keep their story straight for 24 hours people would probably "demand" less and trust them more.

Associate
I present to you. The one and only, Mighty, Super duper awesome, Mega cool, Definitely attractive to the ladies, Tin Foil Cap +3 -- it even has an added bonus of HP+50.

So you think companies are fully transparent? Having worked in the IT industry for 25 years at manufacturers, distributors and resellers, let me tell you, I don't need to be wearing a tin foil hat to tell you that you are incredibly naive. As someone in this queue I don't expect transparency. I would think that OC would be foolish not to prioritise their prebuild business, it would be lunacy not to. And the thought of listing everything that they get in is in fact laughable.

Can you imagine a world where the staff assembling the prebuilds are now sitting around,reading the papers because there is a queue. Your naivety must be really attractive to the ladies! Are you blond too?

Associate
Does anyone have any information on the inno3d ichill x4 3080? I have been given my oc queue number of 65 and was wondering how often they have been receiving stock for this card.. thank you

No shipments yet and no eta on when inno3d stock will arrive from oc. Hoping soon as I'm waiting for same card, unfortunately I ordered just after the queue was sent out so unsure on how many orders for this placed.

Last edited:
Soldato
So you think companies are fully transparent? Having worked in the IT industry for 25 years at manufacturers, distributors and resellers, let me tell you, I don't need to be wearing a tin foil hat to tell you that you are incredibly naive. As someone in this queue I don't expect transparency. I would think that OC would be foolish not to prioritise their prebuild business, it would be lunacy not to. And the thought of listing everything that they get in is in fact laughable.

Can you imagine a world where the staff assembling the prebuilds are now sitting around,reading the papers because there is a queue. Your naivety must be really attractive to the ladies! Are you blond too?

:) Your lack of knowledge is on full display darling, might want to fix that

Soldato
To me there's one logical way to explain this farce of a launch.

NVIDIA got all AIB's/Distributors/Stockists to sign an iron clad N.D.A WELL before allowing them to receive Ampere. This N.D.A, whilst mostly generic GPU stuff, likely also doesn't allow specific talk about distribution quantity or talk of the N.D.A itself. The distribution/merchant chain signed not knowing Ampere launch would be rushed due to AMD/console competition and therefore about the lack of supply they would get. They are now stuck between a rock and a hard place without being able to discuss why.

The ways all companies have tried to give information without mentioning actual specific numbers is pretty indicative of this. Other clues are there, when you look at what representatives for both AIB's and Merchants have said (i wont mention specific reps names) its clear they want to help but have their hands tied. Realistically which AIB/stockist has come out of this looking good? why would they willing do this? To me obvious answer seems they wouldn't willingly wreck good reputations often built over decades.

If this is true then as merchants their current options are:

1) Stay quiet and go with the "unprecendented demand" line from NVIDIA.
2) Break N.D.A risking legal action and no Ampere being available.
3) Actively post lots of vague nonsense which will just anger people and leave them open to loads of question they can't answer.

I know which i would do, even if it was begrudgingly done.

Ofc i have no proof, I'm just reading between the lines. Dunno if other people see it the same.
Agree completely

Associate

By 'transparent' do you mean 'honest, trustworthy, fair?'

Associate
No shipments yet and no eta on when inno3d stock will arrive from oc. Hoping soon as I'm waiting for same card, unfortunately I ordered just after the queue was sent out so unsure on how many orders for this placed.

There are plenty of vendors who haven't shipped a single card into OCUK as yet- EVGA, Gigabyte, Inno3d KFA,and Zotac (only one flavour from 4 shipped), wait until next week (after Golden Week) to see what's happening

Associate
as for the building prebuilds first, would say that with queues as long as this i would hope that someone goes, i reckon we should at least put a few on each side, so a few to the people waiting and a few to the prebuilds, i suspect this is the case already but seeing as no one has received shipping notification i suspect the truth is that they aren't able to secure the cards, especially since many of the cards have increased in price since the pre order, hell my palit gaming pro is £60 more expensive now and was £60 cheaper than other retailers on launch day

Associate
Put my order in just about a week ago for a Tuf OC 3080 but due to issues my order was only confirmed yesterday so im guessing my queue position is going to be pretty damn poor right now if I have one at all. Do these emails only go out once a week? I can see myself having to get a cheap 1060 until there's any sign on my new one arriving as I am currently without a GPU at all as I had to return my faulty 2080 super elsewhere and as there wasn't a replacement available my order was cancelled and refunded

Back
Top Bottom