• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I'm confused where the Aorus/gigabyte cards are. They tweeted out to say they're available from yesterday and still nothing about them? How does the place with the best possible position to aquire cards not have any, or know when any are being sent to them.

Associate
I got a Pixio PX7 Prime last year for £380. 165hz 1440p IPS, Shares the same panel as the Aorus FI27Q.
Would definitely recommend it to anyone upgrading to a 3080 that is still running 1080p.
I wanted to plum for that as its a 10bit panel, but i was after faster response, i think the PX277 is a bit faster and it was a nice bit cheaper...
I love how pixio have refind there design around these models over the years they have an awesome chassis and super easy to use menus.

I used to own a crossover 27" overclockable monitor and o how they have come on with ghosting and smeering...

My only negative is the PX277 have a slight grainy-ness to its matte layer. It damanges the crispness a bit.

Associate
If OC were being more transparent it would save you mods tons of hassle. When a company takes money upfront, there come certain expectations, which are not being met.

I think a big reason competitors are being mentioned is that they are our main source of info about card shipments. I'm not condoning rule-breaking, nor have I broken said rules. But this is on OC and will only get worse. The bad news is better than no news, they could have easily made the situation less intense by taking a deposit rather than charge full amount, by charging full price they've kinda put a price on their heads. We have no ETA and just vague updates like "good amount/small amount of stock" which is annoying. If they legit don't know anything, then they should tell us. Being honest and upfront would ease many of us. I don't mind waiting if we are well informed.

Last edited:
Associate
I'd love to see what it was that gave OCUK the confidence to say they were in the best position to receive stock compared to other competitors in the UK, like what information do they have that actually bolstered them enough to say they were in this better position, 'cause all evidence points to they've lied to us about that so far...

Associate
If OC were being more transparent it would save you mods tonnes of hassle. When a company takes money up front, there come certain expectations, which are not being met.

I think a big reason competitors are being mentioned is that they are our main sourced of info about card shipments. I'm not condoning rule-breaking, nor have I broken said rules. But this is on OC and will only get worse. The bad news is better than no news, they could have easily made the situation less intense by taking a deposit rather than charge full amount. We have no ETA and just vague updates like "good amount/small amount of stock" which is annoying. If they legit don't know anything, then they should tell us. Being honest and upfront would ease many of us. I don't mind waiting if we are well informed.
I 100% agree with every word.

Associate
ya but a month or two is not like being told by nvidia themselves (not enough supply till the end of the year)
People missunderstand that quote. Jensen meant that by the end of the year there wont be a position where you can go down to your local retailer and find one in stock, it doesnt mean very few cards will be produced and preorders will likely not be met

Associate
I'm confused where the Aorus/gigabyte cards are. They tweeted out to say they're available from yesterday and still nothing about them? How does the place with the best possible position to aquire cards not have any, or know when any are being sent to them.

Because their claim is not true, as evidenced by being behind (seemingly) everyone else in the UK. Or, they are getting the stock and are not telling us - or stuffing them in Pre-Builds and allowing those to jump the queue.

Associate
If OC were being more transparent it would save you mods tons of hassle. When a company takes money up front, there come certain expectations, which are not being met.

I think a big reason competitors are being mentioned is that they are our main sourced of info about card shipments. I'm not condoning rule-breaking, nor have I broken said rules. But this is on OC and will only get worse. The bad news is better than no news, they could have easily made the situation less intense by taking a deposit rather than charge full amount, by charging full price they've made it more intense for people. We have no ETA and just vague updates like "good amount/small amount of stock" which is annoying. If they legit don't know anything, then they should tell us. Being honest and upfront would ease many of us. I don't mind waiting if we are well informed.
I've been saying this for weeks, but unfortunately it falls on deaf ears. OCUK either aren't reading, or just aren't inclined to offer any more information.

Associate
If OC were being more transparent it would save you mods tons of hassle. When a company takes money upfront, there come certain expectations, which are not being met.

I think a big reason competitors are being mentioned is that they are our main source of info about card shipments. I'm not condoning rule-breaking, nor have I broken said rules. But this is on OC and will only get worse. The bad news is better than no news, they could have easily made the situation less intense by taking a deposit rather than charge full amount, by charging full price they've made it more intense for people. We have no ETA and just vague updates like "good amount/small amount of stock" which is annoying. If they legit don't know anything, then they should tell us. Being honest and upfront would ease many of us. I don't mind waiting if we are well informed.

This is honestly why I used the buy now pay later at present I have paid £10 for my card. As soon as it ships I will pay the rest. I am not risking being out of pocket for a long time without seeing the merchandise.

Associate
I thought that OC were the biggest in country and were partnered up with a lot of manufacturers but by the stock that competitors have sent out compared to OC i'm guessing this is not the case.

Associate
The overall picture I see is that OC took the money upfront to basically throw down and buy there way to front of stock queues. Sadly due to incredible demand this resulted is nothing as suppliers are purely focused on just shipping them out randomly to keep up with demand. Maybe on other products this pre pay bribery worked, but due to Nvidia monitoring this situation closely, a stop was put on this and equal shares are given all around.

Above is just my theory, a Stock Theory...

Associate

I think a big reason competitors are being mentioned is that they are our main source of info about card shipments. I'm not condoning rule-breaking, nor have I broken said rules. But this is on OC and will only get worse. The bad news is better than no news, they could have easily made the situation less intense by taking a deposit rather than charge full amount, by charging full price they've kinda put a price on their heads. We have no ETA and just vague updates like "good amount/small amount of stock" which is annoying. If they legit don't know anything, then they should tell us. Being honest and upfront would ease many of us. I don't mind waiting if we are well informed.

Agreed

Associate
Just signed up to stockinformer discord and also nowinstock. Would much prefer to get my order from OCUK, more using the alerters for the chance of an FE card.
Has anyone had any success with these "informers"?

Dont rely on them. I had them set up for alerts and got nothing when the 3080 / 3090 FE came back in stock. Was pure chance I was looking at the time when they appeared and I got a 3090 FE (came 2 days ago). The 3080 instantly vanished.

Associate
I too fell for the 'We'll be getting stock before everyone else' lie, which is why I persevered with OC. Now, I am tied into the queue (93rd for a Gigabyte Eagle) because a) I got in at the lower price and b) likely that anywhere else I go will take longer now that I'd be at the end of their queue.

Saying that - at some point, in the not too distant future, I may realise that OC cannot (or will not) fulfil the order - I wonder if they are hoping that's the case.

Back
Top Bottom