• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I cancelled my Zotac 3080 Trinity card. Was 132 in the queue. This whole launch and sale has put a bit of a sour taste in my mouth tbh..

Think I’ll stick to the other two retailers I use for buying components in the future

On the plus side I can most likely get a Zen 3 and big navi this side of Christmas

Associate
I'm really close to the front of the queue so I know sods law would come around if I did :p
I just hope that they have mass produced enough to cover majority of the pre orders at OC (doubtful) really don't fancy waiting much longer with such little info, but hey ggs if you all get your cards earlier then expected :D

Associate
I just hope that they have mass produced enough to cover majority of the pre orders at OC (doubtful) really don't fancy waiting much longer with such little info, but hey ggs if you all get your cards earlier then expected :D
Well when I pre-ordered it was showing the 9th October. So I'm hopeful that I'll get mine roughly around that date. Maybe a week or so out. That's if I'm not able to get an FE in the meantime

Caporegime
Caporegime
Ah, silly specific card threads.

So, list is now:
At least 7 ASUS 3080 TUF OC
At least 11 and less than 13 Gigabyte 3080 Aorus Master
At least 13 Gigabyte 3080 Vison
At least 47 MSI 3080 Ventus

Big question is when do the "Please keep checking your emails, we will send an update after each shipment with your new position." emails go out to those lists.

I would guess at the end of the day as they will still be scanning and shipping cards out until closing time. No point giving you an update now and then another one half an hour later.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It's the lack of communication from overclockers that is totally unacceptable, why are they still taking pre orders from customers when they can't even get current orders out it's a complete shambles, this will be my last time dealing with OC.
Do you even understand what a preorder is? Serious question.

You’re buying a slot in a queue. That slot is at the back, not the front. It doesn’t matter how many preorders they sell it simply means that it will take longer for them to fulfil it.

What is so outrageous? If you’ve preordered then you’ll get a card eventually... adding more on to the waiting list isn’t going to affect that.

The alternative is to not allow preorders and you can hope to spot when the cards come in stock, refresh the browser 10182732224 times and not get one.

I’m sure they’ll start communicating more frequently when they know what’s going on. The moderating team has relayed everyone’s concerns and will continue to liaise with the shop but ultimately we just have to wait.

Associate
Do you even understand what a preorder is? Serious question.

You’re buying a slot in a queue. That slot is at the back, not the front. It doesn’t matter how many preorders they sell it simply means that it will take longer for them to fulfil it.

What is so outrageous? If you’ve preordered then you’ll get a card eventually... adding more on to the waiting list isn’t going to affect that.

The alternative is to not allow preorders and you can hope to spot when the cards come in stock, refresh the browser 10182732224 times and not get one.

Then why not do what every other company ever does and either:
1) Take a deposit, not the full amount.
2) Not charge the person until the item's about to be dispatched.

Jeeze, stop defending OC when they're doing *objectively* scummy things in terms of communication.

Back
Top Bottom