• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
RTX 3090 Borderlands 3 at UHD 2160p: 83.1 FPS
RX 6000 series Borderlands 3 at UHD 2160p: 61 FPS

RTX 3090 Gears 5 at UHD 2160p: 99.4 FPS
RX 6000 series Gears 5 at UHD 2160p: 73 FPS

RTX 3090 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare at UHD 2160p: ? FPS
RX 6000 series Call of Duty: Modern Warfare at UHD 2160p: 88 FPS
Picked the cream of the crop did ye

Soldato
zen3.jpeg

Amazing to notice nVidia cards being used fro ZEN3, not even a 5700xt lol... and they daren't show 6000

Soldato
If you look at the failure that was Ampere Launch closely, Nvidia are clearly spooked.

1) Paper Launch - almost zero products worldwide
2) Cards failing out of the box at launch
3) Cards clocked to their limits out of the box
4) Marginal increase in performance over previous tiers
5) Cards manufactured with inferior components
6) Partners selling cards at inflated prices via their resellers on sites like Ebay
7) Having to release drivers to stop cards failing, which then actually regressed cards box stated stats
8) Cards with limited Vram while copious rumors and leaks point to versions with higher Vram being kept back
9) Delaying release of all products til AMD show their hand

Yet people are still calling this a victory because the one smart thing Nvidia done was basically hang out to dry their 2080ti owners by giving their customers a 3080 cut down Vram card that performs a lot better at two thirds the price.

So many people believe Nvidia have had a good launch, because the 3080 appears on paper to be a great product, i mean all that performance for that MSRSP... which incidentally very few people will actually get it for unless your willing to wait 3+ months for it. Its a huge gamble, especially if AMD bring the hammer with similar performance at a cheaper price to offset the lack of "Nvidia" features such as DLSS and RTX (AMD will have inferior Ray Tracing we know this, but we expect it to be better than Nvidias 1st gen Ray tracing anyhow, so id call that a win)

The most insulting thing i feel though, is even now with the huge back orders of 3080 / 3090 cards, Nvidia will still undoubtedly release 20GB variants of the 3080, at a hugely marked up price, while their customers still cant get the 10GB versions, watch this space i can almost guarantee it will happen.

Yet despite all of this absolute clusterbumble of a launch people still believe AMD will only be competing with the 3070, its mind-blowing how people can still feel this to be the case lmao...

We could quite possibly see a scenario where not only does AMD compete with Nvidia this time round, but actually come at a good price and have plenty of stock to fill orders (the last bit im still hesitant about due to AMD needing to fulfil CPU and console orders, could be a big ask)

What i do know for certain, is Amperes launch gets more hysterical to watch by the day, i literally laugh everytime i read a new thread on this and other forums and reddit etc regarding something new from this launch, or a new failure etc, literally you could not make this launch up, its horrendously funny.

Soldato
That Borderlands 3 benchmark puts it at a dead heat with the RTX 3080 and that game isn't particularly favourable towards AMD according to TechPowerUp but then again we don't know what was being benchmarked but certainly looks promising.

Permabanned
3080 with RTX on.

anyone got botderlands 3 and gears benches for same settings on a 3080?

Oh i see someone already answered. Not promising then. And this is only raster perf, RT prolly lower.

Well at least I’ll enjoy my PS5 perf. Was totally worth the 500€.

RT will be okay, just lower quality 1/2 or 1/4 res.

Man of Honour
That Borderlands 3 benchmark puts it at a dead heat with the RTX 3080 and that game isn't particularly favourable towards AMD

Problem is finding benchmarks that are comparable - you can't just pick any random benchmark of that game as people are doing. I quickly skimmed a few and used an average which is about as close as you are going to get at the moment IMO.

Associate
We all know @4k The gpu does the heavy lifting think AMD doesn't?

They showed those scores almost as a "Hey Jensen, just the tip baby *winky face*".

What tells me more about the FPS than the FPS is Nvidia's recent botched rush job, AMD are clearly about to offer something at least as good as the 3080 and no doubt cut Nvidia's price balls off, and Nvidia clearly know it. I do feel for Intel at this point... Ohh wait no I dont they were as bad as Nvidia and Apple at price hiking, good on AMD I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom