• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I’m all set up with my MSI 3090 Ventus OC, so I’m gonna cancel my Strix order tomorrow. Got a nice +100 core, +500 mem OC working on it with a little tweak to make the fan curve a little more aggressive. So I’m happy. 19400 on Timespy, 20418 graphics score.

I have no idea how to post photos here, so here’s some pics from my Twitter...

Nice mate, looks dope. What position in the queue were you out of interest?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

@Gypsum Fantastic if you copy the Twitter link and click on the “media” icon when you write a post you can paste it in and it’ll embed in the forum.

Imma gon’ fix that link for you ;)

Associate
Hey so for the TUF OC 3080 I was 147 and the queue moved me 9 whole spots so I am at 138 now
————————————————

It’s gonna be a while folks!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Hey so for the TUF OC 3080 I was 147 and the queue moved me 9 whole spots so I am at 138 now
————————————————

It’s gonna be a while folks!
You’re posting in the wrong thread. This is for 3090, get out of here with your peasant 3080 discussion :p:D

Associate
On the 24th of September inno3d posted on social media that their gpu on the shelves and we need to reach our retailer.?..
I have emailed them yesterday and told them about their posting and what is happening with rtx gpu as I bought rtx3090 x3 and their replay was that social media posting was wrong and there is high demand on the nvidia gpu..... inno3d contradicting themselves.... unbelievable
My queue is number 6 on the inno3d rtx 3090 x3

Associate
I've learned something this last week, or at least since getting the official queue positions.
Having a low number in the queue don't mean jack unless they are getting sent stock :)

I've been position 1 for the palit since launch day, obviously after the initial orders of what they had in stock were sent out.

I initially thought oooooooooooo I must be getting it soon, that was a week ago lol

PALIT SEND SOME DAMN CARDS!

ags

ags

Associate
Ok, so a product of MSI is heading my way. Not the initially hoped for Gigabyte Extreme, but hey, a 3090 shipped is better than an extreme preordered?

Associate
Ok, so a product of MSI is heading my way. Not the initially hoped for Gigabyte Extreme, but hey, a 3090 shipped is better than an extreme preordered?

Nice one. I think i'd prefer it at this point! Out of curiosity, what number were you in the Auros Xtreme 3090 Queue? :)

Associate
awesome :cool: you had chance to pop her in and have a bash yet?

Yes, though I work lates so not long got home and basically I was up all night taking out the 1080Ti and preparing for the 3090, had to swap a 6 pin for a 8 pin cable and doing all that wasn’t as easy as you might think as I’ve squeezed in an extra two mechanical drives in the bottom front of the 570x case where it normally doesn’t have a cage, that along with a ton of cables that barely fit meant it was a right pain and a lengthier process than normal, then by the time I was going to bed which was about 7am DPD email me my delivery slot for between 8.30 and 9.30, so I just stayed up till I got it in the PC.

So only had time to test a few things, and as expected the 5930k is definitely holding the 3090 back, it’s still a big bump but not as much as it could be for sure, you’ll certainly get a bigger difference than I have right now. Was going for a 10900k myself but contemplating a AMD 5950x now, I’ll be waiting for the third party benchmarks in the next few weeks before deciding.

Right now all I have is these quick, rough and ready benchmarks, again, remember CPU bottlenecking is clearly visible in some titles here, you won’t have that, at least not as much.

These are at 3840x2160 at max settings but ray tracing tech off for best comparison, numbers are average FPS, 1080Ti-3090. Metro was with Advanced PhysX, Hairworks on and shading rate 200, at 100 and Physix and Hairworks off it about 60FPS but this is clearly another game being held back by the rest of the system.

Metro Exodus - 19.58-38.56

Deus Ex Mankind Divided - 39.8-71.4

GTA5 - 72.17-106.39

Hitman - 80.92-115.58

Forza Horizon 4 - 88.7-104.2

Middle Earth Shadow of War - 54-104

SoT Tomb Raider - 63-108

Alien Isolation - 120-203

Last edited:
Associate
If I'm 170 in the queue is there any chance of me getting this card before the end of the year? Is there anyone else here who got the Asus Strix OC ?

Associate
Yes, though I work lates so not long got home and basically I was up all night taking out the 1080Ti and preparing for the 3090, had to swap a 6 pin for a 8 pin cable and doing all that wasn’t as easy as you might think as I’ve squeezed in an extra two mechanical drives in the bottom front of the 570x case where it normally doesn’t have a cage, that along with a ton of cables that barely fit meant it was a right pain and a lengthier process than normal, then by the time I was going to bed which was about 7am DPD email me my delivery slot for between 8.30 and 9.30, so I just stayed up till I got it in the PC.

So only had time to test a few things, and as expected the 5930k is definitely holding the 3090 back, it’s still a big bump but not as much as it could be for sure, you’ll certainly get a bigger difference than I have right now. Was going for a 10900k myself but contemplating a AMD 5950x now, I’ll be waiting for the third party benchmarks in the next few weeks before deciding.

Right now all I have is these quick, rough and ready benchmarks, again, remember CPU bottlenecking is clearly visible in some titles here, you won’t have that, at least not as much.

These are at 3840x2160 at max settings but ray tracing tech off for best comparison, numbers are average FPS, 1080Ti-3090. Metro was with Advanced PhysX, Hairworks on and shading rate 200, at 100 and Physix and Hairworks off it about 60FPS but this is clearly another game being held back by the rest of the system.

Metro Exodus - 19.58-38.56

Deus Ex Mankind Divided - 39.8-71.4

GTA5 - 72.17-106.39

Hitman - 80.92-115.58

Forza Horizon 4 - 88.7-104.2

Middle Earth Shadow of War - 54-104

SoT Tomb Raider - 63-108

Alien Isolation - 120-203

You’re maybe not as CPU limited as you think. I ran one of the same benchmarks for you at your settings with my MSI 3090 and [email protected]...

Metro Exodus: 41.5

But I did also run Forza Horizon at 4K ultra preset and got 164.6fps average. Assuming that matches your settings then yeah, you are missing out on a lot of performance there.

I could also give you more/better comparisons on FH4, SOTTR, GTA5 and Alien Isolation, but would need a lot more information on your graphics settings in each of those cases.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom