• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Thing is with me, I really just need to sop looking as I know deep down inside if I managed to get another card I would regert it and always wish I waited for the Strix OC. It'a all a game.

Associate
Waiting its fairly easy unless you have some terrible card at the moment where you really "need" this. Most of us are probably running 2080tis and playing games that don't even use all of that, so when we get a 3090 we can just be like, finally, 30% usage instead of 50%, get bored of it within 5 mins and then go back to normal forgetting we even have it.

Associate
I DID have a 2080ti, but I sold it. And I can ONLY play at 4,096x2160, so there are a lot of games in my collection that are going to see a large visual boost. I won't be bored of it for a very, very long time. Probably never, in fact.

Associate
Waiting its fairly easy unless you have some terrible card at the moment where you really "need" this. Most of us are probably running 2080tis and playing games that don't even use all of that, so when we get a 3090 we can just be like, finally, 30% usage instead of 50%, get bored of it within 5 mins and then go back to normal forgetting we even have it.

Ha, this is true. Currently running the MSI Gaming X Trio 2070S, but no problems at all on ultrawide or Rift S so my 3090 will make little difference until my G2 arrives. I'll have a clean up, throw it in and be "ooh, ye" then forget it is in there until my G2 can actually push it in MSFS and DCS.

Associate
Thing is with me, I really just need to sop looking as I know deep down inside if I managed to get another card I would regert it and always wish I waited for the Strix OC. It'a all a game.

The good thing is, I suppose.. is when all the others get snapped up by people not wanting a specific card, the queue will shorten for the rest of us... at least, that's my hope :p

Associate
Trying to avoid breaking rules by not mentioning names or hinting to names but happy to be told otherwise and not defensive over it.

Rules say you can't talk about getting cards from other sites or the availability , even if you don't mentioned their name. It why the took this same thread down last week.

Associate
The be honest i would rather mod the case some how, rather them mess with the card
Here it is closed up

Yeah totally fair. Just asking because once I retire my 2080Ti from my main machine (for a 3090) I'll put it in my H1, but with the plastic shroud is ever so slightly too long, but if I remove the shroud it will fit. It's got a waterbock on it now so not too concerned about modding it slightly.

Let us know how the temps are, very curious!

Last edited:
Associate
They didnt though. Nvidia didnt even give them the details until late august and only started sending them the chips in September.

They then didnt even give them the drivers until 2 days before launch but gave them some test software prior.

A lot of boards never even started to be manufactured before the launch date and Nvidia chose to launch one week before the worlds entire manufacturing capabilities. It takes 6 days to make a card from start to finish and 1 to 6 days to ship by air freight. 3 to 4 weeks by sea.

and yet some youtubers had AIB cards days before both release dates.

Associate
Yeah totally fair. Just asking because once I retire my 2080Ti from my main machine (for a 3090) I'll put it in my H1, but with the plastic shroud is ever so slightly too long, but if I remove the shroud it will fit. It's got a waterbock on it now so not too concerned about modding it slightly.

Let us know how the temps are, very curious!

Bit warm, average temps on Port Royal at 69c enclosed (I've set the silent bios switch).

Where i do have issue is with the lg oled TV, waiting for them to release a firmware update to fix the gsync /hdr issues at 120hrtz

Associate
Most of us are probably running 2080tis

Hell no, I have a 1080ti. When the 2080ti came out, the 20-30% performance gain for that prices was just not worth the the amount they were asking and tbh, the 1080ti is still quite capable of doing a bloody good job, even in 4k.
I'm expecting the Strix 3090 OC to give me at least 100% boost to frame rate in 4k. THAT I'll happily pay the premium for.

I didn't sell mine either, my kids are getting my 1080ti for their little gaming rig which struggles to run fortnite :)

Associate
Bit warm, average temps on Port Royal at 69c enclosed (I've set the silent bios switch).

Where i do have issue is with the lg oled TV, waiting for them to release a firmware update to fix the gsync /hdr issues at 120hrtz

Which LG OLED is it, there is an update coming soon or you can go the engineering path and get the update now. I did my C9.

Back
Top Bottom