• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Yeah but a world of difference producing a few cards and getting them to reviewers to actually having the whole production line all geared up churning out 30,000 cards a day.
Receive chips mid sept. 6 days to make card, no testing of card but sent out across the world to reviewers days, possibly even a week or so before launch to give them time to create their videos. Sorry mate. Not buying it. You can believe what you want.

Caporegime
Receive chips mid sept. 6 days to make card, no testing of card but sent out across the world to reviewers days, possibly even a week or so before launch to give them time to create their videos. Sorry mate. Not buying it. You can believe what you want.

So what you are saying is that all AIBs could have had 200,000 cards each built for launch day but they delibrately didnt bother.....all of them.

I mean if one of them had they would have cleaned up by now.

You would rather believe that than the fact NVidia botched the launch. I mean you dont know how many chips nVIDIA sent AIBS.

If you only get 100 chips mid september you can only make 100 boards.

Associate
Ahh nice, I got the b9, is there beta / engineering release for that ? Pm me details if ok

Not sure about the B9 but worked on my C9.
Ok so this is what you need to do to update.
Find an lg service remote, or a phone with an IR blaster (some mobile phones have one) and using the in menu button enter the service menu(pin 0413). (you just need a TV controlling app if using phone)
You can find tutorials online if you struggle to enter the menu.
After you enter the menu go to system 2, NSU mode and change to Engineering Mode.
Do not touch anything else in engineering mode as you risk bricking your set.
Restart the TV and go to the normal update menu.
Turn off auto-update and then press check for updates and it will show up, maybe need to do twice?.
I am based in UK, cannot vouch for other regions.
After update reboot TV and computer. It should work.
After that go back into the menu and change it back from engineering to user.

How to get to the menu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHeu-PDCTSQ

Associate
So what you are saying is that all AIBs could have had 200,000 cards each built for launch day but they delibrately didnt bother.....all of them.

I mean if one of them had they would have cleaned up by now.

You would rather believe that than the fact NVidia botched the launch. I mean you dont know how many chips nVIDIA sent AIBS.

If you only get 100 chips mid september you can only make 100 boards.

not at all. They've just released an explanation on the real reason they've released the way they have,

Basically, the Samsung memory they're using had a high failure rate so they had to wait until they got more working memory chips.

edit:

this is because NVIDIA was not entirely happy with Samsung's initial yields and did not order too large a quantity. That said, yields are significantly better now and the new volume shipment should be hitting the markets before the year is over or early 2021 at the latest.

Caporegime
So basically there was not enough cards rather than the official lie they have been saying since day 1 that the demand was too high?

You cant use both as an excuse

Associate
So basically there was not enough cards rather than the official lie they have been saying since day 1 that the demand was too high?

You cant use both as an excuse

I don't know if they had to suspend shipment/recall the cards due to the memory or they chose to limit the manufacturing until the memory yields improved.

either way, it is what it is. They had to release before the AMD announcement tonight in order to retain their headstart.

Caporegime
I don't know if they had to suspend shipment/recall the cards due to the memory or they chose to limit the manufacturing until the memory yields improved.

either way, it is what it is.

It is but you never said where that quote was from and whether it was Nvidia saying it as the last official thing Nvidia is saying is that there was/is plenty of stock but demand is just too huge. Yeah right,.

Associate
Find an lg service remote, or a phone with an IR blaster (some mobile phones have one) and using the in menu button enter the service menu(pin 0413). (you just need a TV controlling app if using phone)
After you enter the menu go to system 2, NSU mode and change to Engineering Mode.
Turn off auto-update and then press check for updates and it will show up, maybe need to do twice?.

How to get to the menu

I wouldn’t do that If I were you. I’ve learned my lesson the hard way. I currently own a c8 and upgraded to a an engineering firmware which I’ve been stuck on for well over a year now. There’s been several firmware updates that I cannot update to as the engineering firmware was a higher number than the end user firmware. There’s no way to downgrade firmwares anymore either.

Associate

How to get to the menu

Nice one , unfortunately my phone dosnt have ir capability so will need to get a service remote,
Thx for heads up

Associate
It’s arrived, and a very big boy it is. :eek: :D

50434987748_b294b0f920_b.jpg
[/url]

awesome :cool: you had chance to pop her in and have a bash yet?

Associate
Just had a look at the box of my tuf oc and noticed it doesn't have any of the clock speeds on it. I don't know if this is the norm or not but possibly and indicator that ASUS simply didn't know what final clock speeds would be at time of box printing? i.e. a massively rushed launch.

And for those who are still waiting I went from getting 60-70 fps in a certain game with my old 1070 to 200-240 fps ;)

Associate
I’m all set up with my MSI 3090 Ventus OC, so I’m gonna cancel my Strix order tomorrow. Got a nice +100 core, +500 mem OC working on it with a little tweak to make the fan curve a little more aggressive. So I’m happy. 19400 on Timespy, 20418 graphics score.

I have no idea how to post photos here, so here’s some pics from my Twitter...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom