• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I think you are being a bit unfair, they are probably as much in the dark as we are, they will have ordered XYZ amount of cards and are solely at the mercy of their wholesaler as to what they get, and when, and the wholesaler is at the mercy of the manufacturer.

There is no point announcing we have been told they are sending us XYZ amount of cards next week to find only a 10th arrive as that or none at all, it raises expectations and then dashes them, the sensible way is to wait until they have stock and announce it, true a number would be good, but that would be counter productive to them, if you say we got a supply in of 3 cards then No 875 on the queue may well cancel, and after all they are in business and sales count..

If anyone is to blame it is the manufacturers all down the line. from chips to end products, the trouble is the last port of call for the customer is often those supplying them and they get the grief.

Agree to an extent - however they still claim to be the best place in the UK to place a pre order. Whilst competitors ship more. Comms are terrible.

I'm 70th in strix OC queue. I have no idea realistically when to expect the order to be fulfilled. Yes I can cancel the order, but that shoves me right to the back - but I can't balance waiting against competitors who ARE advertising future shipment expectations.

Rock and a hard place.

Associate
Are people cancelling their pre-orders just on the principal of the matter? Surely it makes more sense to leave the pre-order in place then try to buy elsewhere, cancelling it only if you actually find one.

Well considering they took £7xx out of my account, I'd like to have that back ready before I buy elsewhere

Associate
Agree to an extent - however they still claim to be the best place in the UK to place a pre order. Whilst competitors ship more. Comms are terrible.

I'm 70th in strix OC queue. I have no idea realistically when to expect the order to be fulfilled. Yes I can cancel the order, but that shoves me right to the back - but I can't balance waiting against competitors who ARE advertising future shipment expectations.

Rock and a hard place.
Yeah i agree Cancelling will not solve the issue but the only reason i have my preorder is cause im 27 for a card but like others have said the people higher up wont get there cards till 2021 which is annoying as it is. But no effort has been made on OC side to give people what they want which is news even if its nothing at all and its poor service to not tell people the exact information. They are shooting themselves in the foot

Associate
I dont think you get it

Gibbo said in his post that MSI ventus are coming and gigabytes where sent out. Yet still he gave 0 indication that this even came in and let us find out.

Thats the thing that is wrong here 0 transparency this is why people are annoyed.

and what are you basing this on? hard facts or some dodgy chart put up on here?

Soldato
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy OcUK ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Appreciate the strain and stress you guys are under; hoping Nvidia ramps it up and we start seeing more stock soon for everyone. Appreciate the mods effort also - been keeping an eye on the forums during the launch, and saying you folks have had your mod-work cut out for you would be an understatement :p

Associate
Are people cancelling their pre-orders just on the principal of the matter? Surely it makes more sense to leave the pre-order in place then try to buy elsewhere, cancelling it only if you actually find one.
Not in all cases.

When your queue number is above 1000, for example, given the current state of deliveries that person won't get their card any earlier than March; that person has a higher chance of getting a card BEFORE March if they hunt one down by F5'ing other stores, but to do that many need their money back. An Unnamed German competitor that has an amount of preorders in the same order of magnitude as OCuk gave a projection of when they would be able to clear the preorders - and it's around the middle of March in the best scenario, June in the worst.

Also, rule of thumb: if you need to start a question or a sentence with "Surely", 99 times out of 100 the answer is "no".

Associate

Yeah just seems a little silly for someone to risk not being able to get one or end up getting on much later. But its their choice

Associate
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy OcUK ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Appreciate the strain and stress you guys are under; hoping Nvidia ramps it up and we start seeing more stock soon for everyone. Appreciate the mods effort also - been keeping an eye on the forums during the launch, and saying you folks have had your mod-work cut out for you would be an understatement :p

Pull yer nose out and give it a wipe mate, it won't move you up the queue

Associate
also waiting on a giga gaming oc, also didn't get the queue update email. not particularly worried about it though, just adding to the others. looks like they forgot us :p perhaps they didn't want us to see "moved from 100 to 95" oooh maybe they're waiting because more are due soon, and didn't want to send out two updates back to back? a guy can dream, can't he?

Associate
Cr*p, I'm 809 from last Thursday (Oct 2nd), with that trend (if it's stable at 14x cards per week), I'll hopefully get my Asus Strix OC from Jan 15th :cry:
So much for getting it for the CP 2077 launch :(
So this was for the Vision OC, which is definitely a way rarer card. I'd say you could hope for 2-3x shipment sizes for main ASUS cards, maybe.

Associate
This isnt how you keep customers at all. Customers need to be catered to. But i dont think Oc give a toss.

But they cannot win. People cried to know their place in the queue, then when told, now people cry that they are not telling us when shipments are expected, but when / if they do that people will cry that they are not being told how many cards are arriving. Basically, unless customers have a firm date, there will always be something more they want.

I suspect OC know more information than they are sharing, but I understand that for one reason or another, they are limiting how much is shared. Perhaps there are NDAs involved, perhaps they only have limited information themselves, and perhaps they do not have the resources to spend on putting measures into place to answer these questions. I appreciate that this is a really popular card, plagued with production problems and is likely still seeing the pandemic impacting production, picking/packing and shipping.

Ultimately I paid for a pre-order, to be delivered at some undetermined moment in the future. Does that suck, well yes, of course I would rather have a definite date, or even better a card in my machine already, but it is what it is. Let us not forget, this is a luxury item. Not having it in my possession does not stop me from breathing, nor does it put any of those I love at risk.

Soldato
This isnt how you keep customers at all. Customers need to be catered to. But i dont think Oc give a toss.

I have to say the vast majority of people posting in this thread are fairly new to the forums and I guess as OCUK customers. There is a fairly large community that swears by OCUK.

However, you are quite correct in your assertion. Whilst generally no news is good news, at least people would be acknowledged and I think that is the issue here.

I am not looking forward to either big Navi or my preferred choice, the 3070 launch.

Back
Top Bottom