• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I just looked at a site in Germany that said Eagle OC cards are expected to arrive next Friday, so maybe we will start seeing some movement. I'm 560th in the queue for one of these, but won't cancel until I see what kind of volumes hit towards the end of the month. I keep seeing everywhere that volumes are going to increase towards the end of the month, so if they've only had 10% of their pre-ordered volumes by then I'll be looking elsewhere.
I've been buying stuff from here for over a decade and have never had a problem before, but I think the comms aren't great. Not sure it'd be a huge amount better elsewhere though either.
Hey ho, January birthday, so maybe I'll be able to smile then....

Associate
Eagles were due to be coming into the UK every week too before now yet there hasn't been any movement whatsoever. Well, there has in other channels but not the one I chose it seems.

Associate
and what are you basing this on? hard facts or some dodgy chart put up on here?

If you actually look back in the thread you will see Customers posting they got dispatch emails for the Gigabyte cards, it is not the first time either, we have had Ventus, Palit and other cards dispatched (again people report the dispatch emails and their delivery) whithout any post in the Official Update Thread to say any were due in let alone they arrived.

Associate
Are we supposed to be getting our new que position emails today?

Bet it's not even gone down at all. At this point i've decided to go for AMD the second they go live, regardless if the performance is slightly less as i built my first PC 3 months ago and i just need a GPU so i can use it.

Associate
Are people cancelling their pre-orders just on the principal of the matter? Surely it makes more sense to leave the pre-order in place then try to buy elsewhere, cancelling it only if you actually find one.
This was my plan, but I certainly don't wish to have lost £750 for something I will only get in 20 weeks. It would have been more appropriate if there was a reserve on the card instead of taking the full payment months before shipping the product. It's a matter of ethics.

Now I could wait it out for a month, but probably no longer. It's just unappealing :)

Associate
Out of interest, what legal issue are you citing with regards these listings? It's a free market, people can do what they want with their cards...sure it's not fun for us that want one but just don't buy it? I can't see how OCUK can do anything about it, and I'd frankly be disappointed if they did.

There is no contract between OCUK and this seller. The T&Cs explicitly state that there is no contract until an item is dispatched. OCUK are entitled to cancel this order unilaterally.

Soldato
Out of interest, what legal issue are you citing with regards these listings? It's a free market, people can do what they want with their cards...sure it's not fun for us that want one but just don't buy it? I can't see how OCUK can do anything about it, and I'd frankly be disappointed if they did.

I haven't cited any legal issue or precedent but you know that already.

It doesn't take away from the fact that it's morally wrong and it seems OCUK tend to agree from what @EVH has said, plus it doesn't exactly look good for the store if scalpers are buying up all the cards and selling them at inflated prices.

eBay on the other hand state that you cannot list a pre-order or item that you cannot dispatch within 30 days of purchase (or to similar wording), as the scalpers have no idea when they are going to actually get their cards, then the listings are often removed if you report them.

The fact that you think it's acceptable says more than enough about your character though.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think it's just when they sell through some stock, so if no stock has came in, you'll not get a new queue number or an update.

Pull yer nose out and give it a wipe mate, it won't move you up the queue
Now now, no harm in being nice to others without asking for anything; been in the sales business for a long time and it's a often thankless job with a barrage of never-ending grief that flies your way.

Associate

Bet it's not even gone down at all. At this point i've decided to go for AMD the second they go live, regardless if the performance is slightly less as i built my first PC 3 months ago and i just need a GPU so i can use it.
you only get one after they have shipped some out. If you haven't got one yet then that means they haven't shipped any.
I was queue 17 on 2nd October. Got email yesterday saying my new queue number is 10. So they shipped 7 cards yesterday. If no email then no cards have gone out.

Associate
I think all of your 108 posts are on this topic, lol. you are well on your way to free postage....

FREE SHIPPING - for loyal OcUK forum members only

• OcUK Forums members who have 250 or more posts and have been registered for over 90 days, or
  • OcUK Forums members who have been registered for over 12 months and made at least 100 posts
It bothers me that some people post on this thread this much. It bothers me even more that I'm one of those people.

Soldato
I would be highly surprised if NV didn't extend this offer into 2021. After this $%#@ show of a launch with little to no stock world wide surely it would be the least they can do.

Agreed, I also wouldn't be surprised if they provide an additional game or something by way of apology.

Associate
you only get one after they have shipped some out. If you haven't got one yet then that means they haven't shipped any.
I was queue 17 on 2nd October. Got email yesterday saying my new queue number is 10. So they shipped 7 cards yesterday. If no email then no cards have gone out.

They shipped some gig gamings out several days ago and I haven't had an update

Back
Top Bottom