• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Long time lurker, first time poster here I have a Gigabyte OC pre-order (163 in queue).

Gibbo stated earlier in the week that:

"We shipped a small amount of the following RTX 3080 cards to customers yesterday. MSI Ventus 3X OC, Gigabyte Aorus Master, Gigabyte Vision OC, Gigabyte Gaming OC, Asus TUF Gaming OC. The following small amount of RTX 3090 cards also shipped to customers yesterday. Asus TUF Gaming OC and MSI Ventus 3X OC".

It does not appear that updates for any Gigabyte OC queue dwellers have been sent out...I would hope that they are expecting more in today/shipping today hence no update...

Unless I am mistaken of course any of the other 162 Gigabyte OC queue dwellers had a queue update please?
Im also waiting on Gigabyte rtx 3080 gaming oc and still waiting on a update

Soldato

Out of interest, what legal issue are you citing with regards these listings? It's a free market, people can do what they want with their cards...sure it's not fun for us that want one but just don't buy it? I can't see how OCUK can do anything about it, and I'd frankly be disappointed if they did.

Associate
Just got a reply back from one of the other UK retailers.

I asked why they had discontinued the Asus Strix 3080 OC and they said they don't expect to get them for another 4-5 weeks.

Sad face.
Oh this has cut me deep to the core. looks like another supplier is expecting some next week... although it could just be TUF cards.

Permabanned
Gibbo won't say anything cause he knows no news is bad news, so what he is doing is holding back on the information so he can continue holding thousands if not millions in pre orders and making interest on that money, he won't have to pay for any stock until invoiced by the suppliers. The problem we have is he's given a number in line and implied if you lose your position you might be waiting longer.

It's a very clever tactic.

Associate
Just got a reply back from one of the other UK retailers.

I asked why they had discontinued the Asus Strix 3080 OC and they said they don't expect to get them for another 4-5 weeks.

Sad face.

Think I'm going to cancel. The vibe surrounding this card isn't inspiring confidence. Being 828 in the queue doesn't help either. Having been a loyal customer of OC for over a decade I have to say I'm seriously thinking of turning my back on them for a bit. I know this isn't entirely their fault but #### me the level of communication is truly awful. Right so best start spamming F5 again!

Associate
It would be nice if Gibbo could tell us what he is doing each and what suppliers are saying. Providing updates each day. Try and instill some faith in the customers that OC are doing the best they can and its the suppliers that are causing an issue in this particular case. As mentioned other retailers are getting big batches of stock. Why are you not?

Seems to me both retailers and suppliers are more concerned about saving their own reputations and scared of putting pressure on eachother with statements with fear of losing business. This is going to result in losing a lot of repeat business in future. This is my first time ordering anything wit OC and i highly doubt I will use them in the future.

Make your business stand out from the competition. Lack of info seems to be across the board. Be the difference. Nvidia has put businesses in this predicament by not allowing preorders until the release date. Quite obviously to cause what has happened now, to cause a massive spike in demand. It makes business sense but is unethical when all the businesses are sitting there with millions in their accounts and the consumers with no products. With these batches at this rate its going to take 6 months for me to get my card. Allow me to make a decision by being honest with realistic timeframes. If we choose to cancel based on these it's our right, but don't keep us in the dark in order to keep our money.

If AMD can provide high supply in Big Navi im jumping ship straight away and Nvidia have lost a 20 year customer.

Me too. If there's stock at launch and it's comparable to a 3080 I'll be strongly considering it. Only thing that puts me off is if they don't have a solid answer to DLSS and if RT performance isn't great.

Associate
Gibbo won't say anything cause he knows no news is bad news, so what he is doing is holding back on the information so he can continue holding thousands if not millions in pre orders and making interest on that money, he won't have to pay for any stock until invoiced by the suppliers. The problem we have is he's given a number in line and implied if you lose your position you might be waiting longer.

Not sure it's that clever. The few quid that they may have made will not make up for the amount of customers that they are going to lose. I am sure that OC would give that money happily in exchange for the good will that they have lost through this.

Associate
Not sure it's that clever. The few quid that they may have made will not make up for the amount of customers that they are going to lose. I am sure that OC would give that money happily in exchange for the good will that they have lost through this.
I agree.

Although a little bit of effort in good, clear, honest communication would go a long way to stop the speculation and the mounting bad feeling us suckers customers are experiencing. I really don't think it would take much - other suppliers are managing it.

Associate
Out of interest, what legal issue are you citing with regards these listings? It's a free market, people can do what they want with their cards...sure it's not fun for us that want one but just don't buy it? I can't see how OCUK can do anything about it, and I'd frankly be disappointed if they did.

For me it's those who buy off the scalpers who are more to blame. The scalpers themselves are just trying to make some easy money. They rely on those imbeciles who pay a premium because they can't wait. And there are plenty of imbeciles around judging by the eBay auctions. I'm not condoning the scalpers one bit but Nvidia's #### poor handling of the whole launch has made it easy for them to acquire vast numbers of these cards. You are correct too, they are doing nothing illegal. Oh and I'm not a scalper before you ask!!

Associate
Seriously, they've sent Gigabyte Gaming OC to people few days ago but we still don't have our queue updates. Can we get some scraps? Others got their updates but we are being skipped. How many cards did you receive that you're unwilling to share the update with us? 1 or 2? Also, we were promised to get updates on cards coming in but we only found out about this card after it already been posted to those few lucky people.
Yeah that is true @Gibbo you need to be more transparent with whats actually coming in cause you only mentioned MSI Ventus and then Gigabytes were sent out too..... like why wouldnt you mention that?

Associate

This is 100% the case. There won't be any transparency, OC is happy to have all the money paid for stuff they have no idea when they're getting. Or can give any customers any real update, because again, they have no idea. The queue number is most likely ******** to give some sort of feedback and hope to the customer. Wonder why other places aren't doing pre-order? Deep down you probably do.

I wish I researched OC a bit more before pre ordering as I was excited at first to see that I could pre order. Cancelled mine today and willl be buying elsewhere.

Associate

People don't need to wait and can cancel at any time. its clear this paper launch by Nvidia has caught out sellers like Overclockers too who couldn't have anticipated such poor stock at launch. Clearly taking money up front and not being able to provide ETA or any concrete detail on deliveries is leading to much frustration here so its no surprise Gibbo is keeping quiet and only releasing info sparingly. Its far from ideal and unless anyone is < 100 in any queue I can see 2021 being a good estimate for the rest.

Associate

I think you are being a bit unfair, they are probably as much in the dark as we are, they will have ordered XYZ amount of cards and are solely at the mercy of their wholesaler as to what they get, and when, and the wholesaler is at the mercy of the manufacturer.

There is no point announcing we have been told they are sending us XYZ amount of cards next week to find only a 10th arrive as that or none at all, it raises expectations and then dashes them, the sensible way is to wait until they have stock and announce it, true a number would be good, but that would be counter productive to them, if you say we got a supply in of 3 cards then No 875 on the queue may well cancel, and after all they are in business and sales count..

If anyone is to blame it is the manufacturers all down the line. from chips to end products, the trouble is the last port of call for the customer is often those supplying them and they get the grief.

Associate
I wonder in total and not brand how many cards OCUK got altogether this week. Everyday I refresh hoping ill at least see my queue position move, but its like waking up thinking its Christmas morning to find out its actually June *Cries*

Associate
I think you are being a bit unfair, they are probably as much in the dark as we are, they will have ordered XYZ amount of cards and are souly at the mercy of their wholesaler as to what they get, and when, and the wholesaler is at the mercy of the manufacturer.

There is no point announcing we have been told they are sending us XYZ amount of cards next week to find only a 10th arrive as that or none at all, it raises expectations and then dashes them, the sensible way is to wait until they have stock and announce it, true a number would be good, but that would be counter productive to them, if you say we got a supply in of 3 cards then No 875 on the queue may well cancel, and after all they are in business and sales count..

If anyone is to blame it is the manufacturers all down the line. from chips to end products, the trouble is the last port of call for the customer is often those supplying them and they get the grief.

I dont think you get it

Gibbo said in his post that MSI ventus are coming and gigabytes where sent out. Yet still he gave 0 indication that this even came in and let us find out.

Thats the thing that is wrong here 0 transparency this is why people are annoyed.

Soldato
Are people cancelling their pre-orders just on the principal of the matter? Surely it makes more sense to leave the pre-order in place then try to buy elsewhere, cancelling it only if you actually find one.

Back
Top Bottom