EK Quantum Kinetic FLT Evolv'd

Soldato
OP
Wow I wasn’t expecting those results but then again what do I know lol. I’m genuinely impressed with that!! A massive 10c drop with a much slower fan speed, just goes to show what a thicker rad can do!

I’m sure aesthetically it still looks great going back to horizontal mount :D
Same, wasn't expecting to be able to drop below 50c tbh but very surprised to be able to keep it under that and more! Need to do more tweaking with the fan curve but confident i can drop another degree or 2 with a slightly higher fan curve.

That sure is a chunky boy rad. Nice improvement on the temps.

Proper pics up tonight, need to shave these late nights doing this lol.

On another note my Bykski temp/flow sensor arrived today which i'll plumb in as well. It's the POM version :D

Soldato
OP
A certain rainforest is doing a deal on SSD's, just picked up 2 x 2tb Crucial BX500 for storage drives to replace my mechanical HDD's! Long awaited change over lol finally happening.

Soldato
OP
That time of night again, picture time :) for the archives

Forgot to mention i added 2 x small 80mm fans at the back for exhaust. Seems to help bring down the cpu temp a little so its not drowning in rtx 3090 hot air.

wyIHJqi.jpg

HYoJfLx.jpg

enwkDUc.jpg

QbEXOBv.jpg

cESURPr.jpg

b4x6GZg.jpg

fiwFUXG.jpg

toJVAuZ.jpg

r3umLEK.jpg

2pWnuH1.jpg

FZmSqKX.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Mate your system must weigh a hell of a lot! Lol it's looking fantastic though and you've given me some ideas I'd never even considered, such as actively water cooling the back of the gpu, though I'll probably not do that one lol

Soldato
OP
Mate your system must weigh a hell of a lot! Lol it's looking fantastic though and you've given me some ideas I'd never even considered, such as actively water cooling the back of the gpu, though I'll probably not do that one lol
It does and i have to haul it up and down stairs whenever i need to do any work on it haha. It must weigh around 20-25kg easily :eek:, comparing it with a 20kg bag of rice lol.

Let me know if you go ahead with the mod, i think im gonna order one from a certain geniexpress. It's half the price for the same thing provided you dont mind waiting 2 weeks for the item to arrive.

Soldato
It does and i have to haul it up and down stairs whenever i need to do any work on it haha. It must weigh around 20-25kg easily :eek:, comparing it with a 20kg bag of rice lol.

Let me know if you go ahead with the mod, i think im gonna order one from a certain geniexpress. It's half the price for the same thing provided you dont mind waiting 2 weeks for the item to arrive.

I don't envy you pal that sounds like a ball ache! The mod is not something I can see myself doing any time soon to be fair as money is getting particularly tight. Payday cannot come fast enough.

Soldato
OP
I don't envy you pal that sounds like a ball ache! The mod is not something I can see myself doing any time soon to be fair as money is getting particularly tight. Payday cannot come fast enough.
Yeah its not good on ye olde back lol, would ask the wife to help but she'll probably roll it downstairs :p:rolleyes:

Congrats on the great looking build once again.
Looks very nice and good improvement on the temps.
The pictures are quality too.
Thanks mate, we'll update more when the ram block arrives for some custom cooling :)

Associate
@Jay85 Nice build! (apologies if I missed this in amongst your posts) but what waterblock are you running on your 3090?
Edit: I think I found it - Alphacool, right?

I noted that you also water cooled the backplate side of the card too - how was that achieved?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
@Jay85 Nice build! (apologies if I missed this in amongst your posts) but what waterblock are you running on your 3090? I noted that you also water cooled the backplate side of the card too - how was that achieved?
I haven't done it yet but i've got the waterblock ordered which will attach to the back plate of the gpu. I'll post up once i receive this and begin the procedure.

Edit: I'm running an alphacool Waterblock

Associate
Great results mate, and your system looks awesome, even with gpu vertical mounted, I really like it!

intrigued to see the gpu back plated water cooled, not seen that before

Back
Top Bottom