EK Quantum Kinetic FLT Evolv'd

Soldato
OP
honestly a work of art it looks amazing well done !
how are you making the tubing glow like that ? is it just from the other lighting in the system ? or is something actually glow in the dark / etc ? :)
Thanks mate, its never ending when it comes to pc builds haha. It's been a very expensive 2 months though...

I'm using UV dyes with De-ionised water for the green and the bottom pink coolant is Mayhems UV Pink with a touch of red for a deeper darker colour. I have Cablemod UV Widebeam stripes to make it glow.

Great results mate, and your system looks awesome, even with gpu vertical mounted, I really like it!

intrigued to see the gpu back plated water cooled, not seen that before
Yeah i've read it over on the EVGA forums with the help of some members who have attempted it and saw some decent temp drops as well. Gonna give it a try and see how it goes for me, will be nice for a few more degrees shaved off the gpu for not a lot of work if im honest, just gotta be accurate with the measuring.

Associate
I'd be keen to see how you do your Ram Block installation on the backplate.

Im currently getting parts for a similar build except Im using the EK o11D XL Front mounted distribution plate and currently waiting for the Asus Strix 3090 OC (Queue 23) and AMD 5950X CPU, so there will be some time before I can complete it.

I saw that pic in the EVGA forum of the Ram cooler, and will be adding it to mine, but my concerns are the screws touching the PCB, so would be interested to see how you tackle adding this to yours. Good luck and keep us informed :)

Associate
Ah, I've just found the EVGA forum thread on the subject of backplate cooling - it looks like a very doable mod to implement and one that I might also try once I can get my hands on the 3090 that I've ordered.

Associate
I saw that pic in the EVGA forum of the Ram cooler, and will be adding it to mine, but my concerns are the screws touching the PCB, so would be interested to see how you tackle adding this to yours. Good luck and keep us informed :)

I'd think that the way to go would be countersunk screws but how viable that is would be somewhat down to the thickness of the backplate.

Associate
Yep, Ill need to see the back plate first, but I think its a must addition to properly cool it. Something I think the manufacturers except one or two didn't think about when rushing out the blocks for them

Associate
I like this idea, gives everyone an equal shot at getting a card just like how this competitor did it. They actually said they did it this way to avoid the 3080 fiasco where they got loads of complaints..

Just installed my card now, she looks nowhere as bad as everyone makes it out to be tbh. I was skeptical at first but i've changed my mind and i quite like it. Think it was the original colour of the rgb that put me off lol.

yQCMKBG.jpg

HNhhfTE.jpg

jbQGmj5.jpg

w8D8jWq.jpg
Can you tell me how thick is the FLT without the pump please

Associate
@Jay85 just been looking at the empty shell of my dynamic air and comparing to your case the basic frame is the same if u can get the front fan mounting frame for the air.

you could mount the res at the front you could put the bottom rad in the side.

3 bottom fans for intake.

and remount your 3090 vertically again.

What you think?

https://flic.kr/p/2jQPxqr

if I can fit all that in u can defo do it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom