What cars scream 'chav' to you?

Soldato
Vauxhall Chavalier.
When it comes to cars, anything not modified tastefully. My older brother is old school chav although now in his 50's he's only modified a Mazda 2 a little. Still spent too much money on it though for something probably not worth much. Wears the same clothes he did in his 20's too, ie, tracksuit trousers. I swear one of us were picked up at a hospital by mistake :D

Last edited:
Associate
There's some horrific little metallic purple thing round my way (possibly a modded Saxo) with a crackle map and the most ridiculous turbo howl I've ever heard. Sounds like someone stabbing an asthmatic dog when it changes gear.
You can hear the skirts catching the ground on the bumpy bits. Add in the UV underlighting and tinted windows and you have a top-grade chavmobile!

Associate
Talking about Saxos, where are the Max Power brigade these days?
Some of the same people are probably still around, it's just the "showcar" fad died out a long time ago. I think there's more of a split into different car cultures now than 20 years ago in the UK.

Associate
Vauxhalls with the front and rear badges removed, you're not fooling anybody I still know its a Vauxhall.

But seriously why do Vauxhall owners do this as a mod? I've not seen it done on any other make of car.

Man of Honour
Vauxhalls with the front and rear badges removed, you're not fooling anybody I still know its a Vauxhall.

But seriously why do Vauxhall owners do this as a mod? I've not seen it done on any other make of car.

Because the same car is available with other brands which are considered more exotic.

Soldato

I have (front debadging), seen it on quite a few makes. But Astras and Corsas seem to be the ones who do it most commonly.

Rear debadging I can see, as it often makes for a nicer look. Did it myself - having a "Toyota" badge as well as the Toyota emblem seemed redundant, and made the rear of the car look cleaner and less fussy. But I have yet to see a car which looks better with it's front emblem removed, as nearly every car in the world is designed around having one present.

Soldato
- An old Golf, 1 Series, or A3 with black wheels and evidence of years of questionable cosmetic modifications

- A Vauxhall Zafira or Renault Scenic. Usually driven by the sort of ageing football shirt-wearing bloke who would be described thusly

- <6 year old Vauxhall, Kia, or Hyundai SUV. Female variant can be found in the driver's seat, probably smoking, with various offspring in the rear. Usually observed aggressively weaving in and out of traffic.

- E90 320D with aftermarket wheels

Back
Top Bottom