What cars scream 'chav' to you?

Soldato
My view on Vauxhall’s wasn’t always so poor. When I was 17 I used to lust after Cavvvy GSi 2000 4x4s, the Turbo and the same version Calibra. My first and only Vauxhall was a brand new Vectra GSi 2.6. I then realised my mistake and quickly chopped it in for a BMW M3 Evo.

Caporegime
same here

passing on the inside and undertaking aren't the same though

passing on the inside is fine

Technically it is fine ONLY if the traffic in the right hand lane is in a long queue and is travelling slower than you in the left hand lane, then you can pass legally.

Rule 268 of the Highway Code states – do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake.
In congested conditions, where adjacent lanes of traffic are moving at similar speeds, traffic in left-hand lanes may sometimes be moving faster than traffic to the right.
In these conditions you may keep up with the traffic in your lane even if this means passing traffic in the lane to your right.
Do not weave in and out of lanes to overtake.

Overtaking on the left is lawful if done in accordance with the above guidance. However, whilst there is no specific offence of overtaking on the left, if a driver undertook another vehicle, other than in the circumstances described above e.g. in the case of someone hogging the center lane on a motorway, that is otherwise clear in all lanes, they may be prosecuted for careless driving, as it is perfectly possible for them to move to the right most hand lane pass the slower vehicle in the center lane and then return to the left most lane.

Yes its a PITA but it is also the only completely legal way.

Associate
Chav wagons here (birthplace of the charver which became chav) are 15 VAGs with ridiculous recirculation/blow off sounds and DPF removal as can be seen by a soot covered tail end.

Corsas, Adams, fiestas, 15 year old BMW's and very weirdly insignias are not far behind.

Associate
Glad my BMW is only 12, I almost made the list! :eek:
Has to be last of the classic straight lines ones or the very first of the Bangles.

I'm already in that list but it isn't slammed, vented, wing riser'd or dope or whatever other nonsense is done to cars.

And it's "wew hyar marra! Hev yi seen mi cyar!"

Associate
Anything driven by someone with less money than me.

Anything driven by someone with more money than me, but who spends it in a way I disapprove of.

I did see a 7 Series filling up at Costco the other day. Slammed, big wheels. I was surprised, normally that doesn't make it past the 5 series.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Letters rearranged to vaguely spell a word on their number plate.

and/or italic number plate lettering

tinted front side windows! Seems to be a new dodgy trend

AMG badges on the back of A200,C200 Mercedes

Associate
Guess I'm a chav then lol :D or am I just enjoying a modern classic ??

48562385387_f715b1edb6_k.jpg

Back
Top Bottom