• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
You'll be front of the queue for any replacement though, which you are still likely to get before anyone else gets one here, lol.

Although this competitor is an official MSI retailer, if looks like the three (!!!) Gaming X Trios they received is the most they expect to get for a while. They will forward it to MSI. Four weeks, maybe, they said. This whole process has been a mess. I may just take a refund and wash my hands of this stockholm syndrome.

Associate
Well a whole week and no Asus Tuf OC cards :(

#460 in queue

Aint gonna lie for the first time in a looooooong time im tempted to bugger off to team red providing they have a DLSS and Ray tracing equivalent and the drivers aint utter **** lol
I ordered a TUF OC from a competitor last week and I'm 4th in queue there. Expecting it end of october/first week of november

Associate
Who wants to get ****** off lol

Just watched latest Hardware Unboxed video.
Sat there opening 3000s boxes over and over lol

I know he's a reviewer. Still salt in wounds lol
Oc should make a similar video I'm sure they have loads of boxes they could open! It's just a shame the boxes in the OC warehouse are full of haribo and disappointment and not a 3080 in sight....

Associate
Getting flashbacks of waiting 7 weeks for the 1080 launch from OC.
Someone get me my 3080 before the PTSD kicks in.

I don't really remember waiting at all, but I just went back through emails and checked, I ordered my 1080 on 11th June and didn't receive it til 2nd August and I was 38th in queue for it when I asked.

Guess that's the number to beat then OC...

(Also happy 1-month purchase anniversary everyone...)

Associate
I think I am at about one third of my 'preorder' aka Backorder journey for the TUF OC.

Took me exactly 3 months to get a 3900x last year and this all feels very similar :)

Happy one month people!

Associate
Do you think you will try your luck with a 3070 if you don't get your 3080 by then or just wait it out? Discuss
I'm in it for the longhaul. If I got the 3070 I would have buyers remorse as soon as the 3080s become more available.

I've got a backup GPU to tide me over, however, if I was GPUless I'd seriously consider a 3070.

Associate
I'm in it for the longhaul. If I got the 3070 I would have buyers remorse as soon as the 3080s become more available.

I've got a back up GPU to tide me over, however, if I was GPUless I'd seriously consider a 3070.

prices for 3070 keep creeping up.
at £500+ you're probably better off just waiting for 3080 to be more widely available.
you have to be pretty desperate to buy right now. prices are thru the roof for 3000 series which is a shame. but hey they're good cards if you can afford it..
i'd take a crack at the 3070 FE at RRP. but odds of getting that are next to 0 so prolly hang on to the 1070 for a while.. still does a good job in most games.

fingers crossed AMD brings out something that can compete on price at the end of the month. otherwise these bonkers prices are here to stay :-\

Associate
Do you think you will try your luck with a 3070 if you don't get your 3080 by then or just wait it out? Discuss
My plan may anger a couple, but I'm going to go for an MSI 3070 (MSI seem to have been the best stock-wise throughout 3080, despite still having a long queue), and if I can get it delivered within the first week I'll use it til my 3080 arrives. Then I'll sell it, and probably still get my money back if the stock issues are even close to 3080's. I'm not gonna sit in a queue for it though, if it won't arrive within a week I'll just cancel it.

Oh and no chance am I ordering it from OC either after their lack of communication and hostility towards customers. I'll go to pretty much any competitor.

Associate
The drivers were abyssmal last year for the 5700 XT. They have slowly got better over time. Here's hoping Nvidia's are more stable.
Yeah, I heard that AMD have been plagued by driver issues. Hopefully they've got their act together for the RX 6000 series, I wanna see some competition!

Back
Top Bottom