• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I’m position 197 in the Q. Fingers crossed they get 200 units but it does seem very unlikely seeing how there hasn’t been any updates on the so far and shipments from the other cards been small.
Yesterday gigabyte man said a small shipment next week, in the teens,
And a larger one the week after just under 50ish I think it was, so let's say 50-60ish

Associate
Yesterday gigabyte man said a small shipment next week, in the teens,
And a larger one the week after just under 50ish I think it was, so let's say 50-60ish
Fingers crossed. 15:08 order put me at 166 (now 153 thanks to cancels)
It's nuts how many people ordered between 15:00 and 15:30. Was the earliest the site even loaded for me!

Associate
I’m sure there’s a whole bunch of research possibilities on this forum for anyone taking a psychology degree. Most people come on and gripe a bit about the way they feel they have been treated by OC ( me included ) and to see if they can get any more info on when their expensive purchases are likely to turn up. Others seem to come here to criticise financial decisions, call people whiney ( for expecting to actually receive goods they have paid for ) complain about their syntax or bemoan their lack of education etc. Its easy to see how the US election is such a mess when a handful of people, that all want the same thing, come to this forum and still can’t be civil to each other.

i know this post wont change anything, and I’m fully expecting the kind of response that I have already mentioned, but is there any chance a little civility could break out?

Associate
@Gibbo "As long as no issues we are expecting 10 units of the PNY 3080 XLR8 to be delivered with ourselves on November 3rd."

Hallelujah! Right time to sell my gigabyte RTX3090 gaming oc !
Edit: in a non scalping manner!

Associate
Nice increase on the MSI shipment front, I can only hope another large shipment for the Trios comes in soon and I might get lucky. Last know position 211.

Also I hope for all the other people waiting on different cards this being a good sign for ramping up of production

Associate
Pre order is not ordering something before the stock is available. Pre order is ordering something that is not yet launched. You are the one who is misunderstanding the concept and meaning of pre order.
When you're pretty much the only person "understanding" a term your way, it's not everyone else who's misunderstanding it.
Pre-order - Ordered for when stock is available. It's that simple.

Associate
Maybe I have been a bit grumpy. Lol. Gotta be honest, the poor morale on this forum is definitely affecting my mood. Maybe its not normally like this (I only joined to find out about my 3080 order). Maybe the 3000 series launch has brought stresses that's drawing out the worst out in people?

I will apologise now to anybody I may have offended. Sorry! Please forgive me if you can.:)

I don't want to be ranting at people, nor do I want to be on the receiving end of any aggression either. Such behavior just drags down the mood of what should be a fun community where people help each other out and have friendly conversations. I have been as guilty of it as anyone and I am not enjoying participating in this community to be honest. It is stressing me out! I am not blaming anyone, nor am I trying to get attention somehow. Just saying it like it is.

Now that I know my 3080 should be with me in 2-3 weeks, I think I shall hang up my cowboy boots for a little while. Maybe I will come back in a couple of weeks, and actually add a positive contribution here.

Good luck to you all. I really hope you all get your cards.

P.S. If anyone feels the need to respond negatively to this post you will only be proving my point about the negativity here. I really hope people see this message as its intended, which is just to be an apology and to wish you all the best.

Top man, very grown up response, happy to see it.

We are all a little pushed to the edge with this bad launch, and tempers flare, and people will moan, just as I did and have been doing.

But the news yesterday from Gibbo about MSI is some silver lining in what has been some massive rainclouds for weeks now, I just hope as position 96 in the Trio X queue, that this "large" shipment will cover position 96, lets hope so.
The case I was moaning about turned up this morning, so I can get on building my new system, in anticipation for my 3080.

Associate
It is worrying that these GPU shipments are in 10s, this is worrying for people like me who are 1000+ in a queue. So I will get mine after firs 100 shipments. Not cool.
That's not how any of this works.
Production is ramping up, the shipments of 10s were shipped either a month ago, right on release date, or by plane which limits the numbers.
As we go forward multiple orgs have already reported that we should be used to larger shipments next month.

Back
Top Bottom