HP Reverb G2 uk release date?

Associate
Just been told that they didn't leave the factory yet. And 'hoping' that they will next week.
I could tell something was up when I stopped getting any updates after the original shipping date had passed.

I've just asked how they can even speculate at the 2nd week of November now - that looks unlikely from where I'm sitting.

Associate
What graphics card do you all recommend for this headset, I currently have a 780TI and my CPU is a Ryzen 1700. CPU I will be upgrading to a 5900x, I know my graphic card will also need upgrading.
According to their official requirements a 1080 is the lowest card you can use at full resolution,
Given how my 1070 performs on the quest 2 I would say you will want a card better than a 10 series

Soldato
What graphics card do you all recommend for this headset, I currently have a 780TI and my CPU is a Ryzen 1700. CPU I will be upgrading to a 5900x, I know my graphic card will also need upgrading.

My 1080Ti has to run Project Cars 2 on low settings with the G1 Reverb. I'm able to hold 90fps pretty well, but I can't turn up any eye candy.

I would get 2080Ti-level performance or better. (I wouldn't spend more than $500 on a 2080Ti, though)

I'm in the EVGA queue for a 3080 now. Were it not for the Reverb, I wouldn't even be looking to upgrade, but the Reverb needs more power than my 1080Ti.

Associate
Soldato
I think personally I’d say 3070 level card (and whatever from AMD that comes in at that level) should be the minimum anyone wanting the best from the G2 should aim for. In the old gen that really only leaves you the 2080Ti, so personally I’d be gunning for a new card.

If you can push the boat out to the 3080 or AMD equivalent, then it won’t be wasted money either... a lot of games on the G2 will still give a 3080 a hard time too, especially when throwing higher settings and a little super sampling into the mix.

Just a few more days until the AMD reveal on the 28th. Don’t buy anything until then!

Soldato
I'm definitely looking forward to what rdna2 brings. But I think I'm going to hold out on my 1080 for another generation yet. Will see how well it handles the G2. I'm not bothered about playing it on ultra.

Soldato
No harm in seeing how you get on first!

For the more demanding sim games though it won’t be a case of not being bother about playing on ultra, it’ll be a case of whether playing on low bothers you.

I think a 1080 will do a decent job of most normal VR games though with the appropriate settings.

Soldato
No harm in seeing how you get on first!

For the more demanding sim games though it won’t be a case of not being bother about playing on ultra, it’ll be a case of whether playing on low bothers you.

I think a 1080 will do a decent job of most normal VR games though with the appropriate settings.

Yeah. It handles my Rift S really well. But there's obviously a pretty substantial resolution difference betwix the two.

Associate
Didn`t want to have buy a new graphics card, already spent enough, and I got Xmas and family to think about, but looks like my 1080 isn`t going to cut it. Gonna have to wait until January though...

Associate
Didn`t want to have buy a new graphics card, already spent enough, and I got Xmas and family to think about, but looks like my 1080 isn`t going to cut it. Gonna have to wait until January though...
The 1080 is listed in the section Cards that typically run Reverb at full resolution:

You can also run it (the G2) at half resolution with more stuff turned on until you decide if you want to upgrade your GPU. In all honesty, I wish I'd taken my own advice there instead of joining this depressing RTX queue malarkey.

Associate
A 1080 will run it.
The 1080 is listed in the section Cards that typically run Reverb at full resolution:

You can also run it (the G2) at half resolution with more stuff turned on until you decide if you want to upgrade your GPU. In all honesty, I wish I'd taken my own advice there instead of joining this depressing RTX queue malarkey.

Yea, thanks, I know, but I also had the Rift S and that pushed my 1080 on Fallout4 VR which is right now my fave game. Anyway we`ll see. Thanks anyway, guys.

Soldato

Yeah, you need to upgrade the GPU if you want to get a decent experience with the Reverb G2. Sure you can run it, but, it would be like buying a top of the range 4K tv then watching nothing only SD material on it.

Back
Top Bottom