*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
You said you’d release it when it’s ready! It’s not ready! Trash devs, only care about money!

lol exactly

“wtf the leaks and previews said I could hand sculpt my characters genitals and every NPC in the game would AI generate a bespoke set of dialog that would make sense when I expose myself to them... in the final game there are only 15 sliders to control the genitals and the NPCs don’t even react... worst game of 2020 absolute dumpster fire superman 64 quality”

Man of Honour
Massive Cyberpunk 2077 spoilers alert, I mean massive....

20201026_224854.jpg

20201026_224859.jpg

20201026_224857.jpg

:D

Man of Honour
Well I know the first I'm going to do will be to turn off that hideous chromatic aberration lol.

I have mixed feelings about chromatic aberration - at first I kind of liked the look it gives in The Division, a more subtle implementation can sort of work, but more recently I turned it off and TBH haven't missed it.

You said you’d release it when it’s ready! It’s not ready! Trash devs, only care about money!

IMO devs have sadly somewhat brought it on themselves - too many games bugs haven't been given the attention they demand - then when players have got a little more insistent way too many devs have reacted poorly taking constructive criticism personally, deflecting when people aren't gushing praise about their work as people being toxic and generally acting like they need a safe space, etc. and now there is a lot of open hostility and toxicity - not just fringe people - because nothing else gets any attention.

They should quit whining and fix their ****** bugs - they'd probably get a lot better reception if they actually engaged with their customers as well.

(This is why I have such low tolerance for it - I hold myself to higher standards - see post 12 here https://steamcommunity.com/app/1089130/discussions/0/2262438048216083234/#c2945872608894905470 - even though it was quite a complex issue to narrow down with only limited people available for play testing and debugging and turned out to be rather embarrassingly a single line of code I'd enabled to test something and forgot to remove again I got on and fixed it inside 4 days).

Last edited:
Soldato
:D :D :D

But seriously, does no one else feel the same when they have played games that have been so incredibly good and detailed that when you go to play something else, it just feels so meh and doesn't keep your attention.

Seen a lot of people say this more so after playing the last of us 2 because of all the little graphically touches to the game world and characters.

Not really. Each game has its own gameplay mechanics tailored to the developer's vision. RDR2 still has the same "law system" as GTA games (with a bit more leeway), with spawning Police and bounty hunters around your area and everyone knows that it's "you" doing the bad stuff. Survival part although in, is minimal. Items are time/quest lock, so you can't use them "just because" and so on. As a whole is a nice experience, but with a lot of "just good enough" or "meh" parts.

With Cyberpunk 2077, I do hope people can keep their expectations in check. I haven't seen much talk about the AI or gameplay aspects that are different than is already out there in other games. :)

Back
Top Bottom