• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
It's not gonna be same price its Nvidia when You seen that happen ??
I know and I agree. But if AMD hammer them today and in reviews. They will do this and have before.
They will just straight up stop making the 3080 and only make the super or ti what ever they call it. If AMD come out with 3080 preformance with more ram for less money they will have to respond. I'll just sell my 3080 and get the 3080 super if it does come with that core count and more ram.

Associate
My bad sorry I didn't think I was breaching any anti-competitor rules here.

No need to apologies to me mate, I don't care haha, it's the mods that care. As far as I'm concerned competitors are good for business but OCUK are the law of the land and if they say no competitors then it's no competitors on the forum. Even trying to get around and vaguely asking for competitive places to get a 3080 can be against the rules and the last thing you want made is your account nuked before you even get your head round the whole orders thing.

Managed to get 2x 3080s from elsewhere since putting my pre-order in with OC. (One for me, one for my brother).

Was always a promoter of OC before all this. Not such a fan any more....

I'm genuinely disappointed with OcUK, I have been a massive supporter of them for 15 years, brought many customers to their site, spent thousands of pounds with them, they always made out they had better buying power than their competitors, and tbh I believed that, this failed launch has shown that OcUK are not in anyway prioritised over their competitors, less so even.

Associate
Associate
Just a quick question to put out there, would you agree to pay inflated shipment fees on final order to get a steady flow of cards rather waiting for the supplier to stock pile a batch to ship?.

At this point, absolutely (but not through OC, if I'm paying anything extra now I'd want the OC TUF or an equivalent other card, learned not to go non-OC in the future lol). I'd be more than happy to pay £20 towards sticking a pallet of cards on a plane and getting it a couple of weeks earlier and I bet many others would be too.

Associate
Associate
At this point, absolutely (but not through OC, if I'm paying anything extra now I'd want the OC TUF or an equivalent other card, learned not to go non-OC in the future lol). I'd be more than happy to pay £20 towards sticking a pallet of cards on a plane and getting it a couple of weeks earlier and I bet many others would be too.

If they can provide me with a delivery date for the card then definetly.

Associate
I'm going to stay in the non tuf queue just for comedy value to see how much it goes down by thus week. But in all honesty I'm ready to sack it off myself.

Associate
oh yes - still scalping with the prices they are charging on some products - the strix was not too bad but the tuff prices were high
Yes they obviously got some into their shop and put them on their store on that site for a extra £100 ontop of the high prices from official. Not really scalping double like most. But still scummy.

Back
Top Bottom