• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
ok.... also an issue... that i DID NOT recieve a dispatch or delivery scheduled date... NOW HAVE a MISSED PARCEL FROM DPD! which i was in all day yday and wouldnt of missed a 3080 turning up at my door..... i have 3 dogs.. and would have known if someone was knocking at my door....
shocking all round !!!

sorry just spoke to DPD and they confirmed it was a scam email....... so HEADS UP ANYONE WAITING FOR A NEW GPU..........

how does the scammer know you recieving a GPU? Big security problem there is true. or even just a DPD delivery known is concerning and a break down in the chain that someone is exploiting.

Associate
Don't believe that for an instant! The cards aren't actually there and it will be a different batch from Inno which is shipped to OCUK at a later date, Nothing hangs around like that in HK If Apple needed the capacity they would have booked their own cargo planes, you can even charter an Antonov Mriya if you need that capacity. Funny though how certain individuals sneered when I spoke about Apples enormous production and launch capacity affecting Nvidia GPUs.

I think we will be looking at December or early January for the second batch of Inno cards to arrive with us. The HK thing in my opinion is a fairy story.
In that case I go amd if their launch isn’t as much a monumental disaster as this is.

Associate
how does the scammer know you recieving a GPU? Big security problem there is true. or even just a DPD delivery known is concerning and a break down in the chain that someone is exploiting.

I doubt it, probably just the usual scam email saying you have missed a delivery. There are no details of what was being delivered, just once of the usual fishing scams.

Associate
when you go on a site and you agree to cookies, its stores bits of data, who you are what you did. some store e-mial addresses used (not password)
you then go to a site to add your self to a watch list for stock, enter in your e-mial address for notifications. boom someone know you have been on <Site X> looking for <stock Y> they know <Site X> uses <company D>
you then get a spoof saying X from Y was delivered by D please click this link it track your parcel.
end result = allyourbasebelongtous

Associate
Just had confirmation from the discord about the MSI Gaming X Trio 3080 cards:

We haven't received them as yet, once we do though you will either receive a shipping confirmation (yayy) or we'll update you with a new updated queue position once that batch has shipped if it wasn't enough to reach your queue position.

Associate
Just spoke with a competitor, a much smaller company. They were able to give me shipment info on when their shipments are due, and the numbers of cards they're receiving, up to the end of November. Their ASUS TUF OC queue was also only 29 long, it's tempting...

Why can't OCUK do this?
im 28th for an asus TUF OC there, whens my card coming? ;)

Associate
when you go on a site and you agree to cookies, its stores bits of data, who you are what you did. some store e-mial addresses used (not password)
you then go to a site to add your self to a watch list for stock, enter in your e-mial address for notifications. boom someone know you have been on <Site X> looking for <stock Y> they know <Site X> uses <company D>
you then get a spoof saying X from Y was delivered by D please click this link it track your parcel.

Most of the scam mails are much less sophisticated, they just blast out a few thousand emails with generic info in them and a small percentage will be received by people who are expecting a delivery...

Associate
Most of the scam mails are much less sophisticated, they just blast out a few thousand emails with generic info in them and a small percentage will be received by people who are expecting a delivery...

Yeah, this will be what's happened. Send enough emails and you're guaranteed to find someone who is waiting for something.

Associate
true dat, was just showing how its possible. some phishing scams are just down right lazy

Associate
This really isn’t a good time to be playing these games for nvidia. Why would I stick around when the new amd card is on the horizon? This is the question in my mind which is becoming stronger with each passing day. I’ve been treated like garbage as a customer.

Associate

Thats a lot of effort tbh and still not easy to get for a scammer. They just send thousands of mails to addresses on a list and hope to get a bite. Odds are somebody on the list will fall for it :(

Associate
Just spoke with a competitor, a much smaller company. They were able to give me shipment info on when their shipments are due, and the numbers of cards they're receiving, up to the end of November. Their ASUS TUF OC queue was also only 29 long, it's tempting...

Why can't OCUK do this?

Was that company quite jurassic in their PC approach by any chance?

Back
Top Bottom