• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Just spoke with a competitor, a much smaller company. They were able to give me shipment info on when their shipments are due, and the numbers of cards they're receiving, up to the end of November. Their ASUS TUF OC queue was also only 29 long, it's tempting...

Why can't OCUK do this?

Associate
okay so just got off the phone with someone very helpful at OC, don't know why gibbo wasn't able to tell us this himself but supposedly innos cards are still in hong kong and wont be moving until a flight bringing them over can be booked. The issue is that apple have booked the majority of the shipping slots so the flight cant be confirmed for even next week as it will only occur when there is availability
Don't believe that for an instant! The cards aren't actually there and it will be a different batch from Inno which is shipped to OCUK at a later date, Nothing hangs around like that in HK If Apple needed the capacity they would have booked their own cargo planes, you can even charter an Antonov Mriya if you need that capacity. Funny though how certain individuals sneered when I spoke about Apples enormous production and launch capacity affecting Nvidia GPUs.

I think we will be looking at December or early January for the second batch of Inno cards to arrive with us. The HK thing in my opinion is a fairy story.

Associate
Don't believe that for an instant! The cards aren't actually there and it will be a different batch from Inno which is shipped to OCUK at a later date, Nothing hangs around like that in HK If Apple needed the capacity they would have booked their own cargo planes, you can even charter an Antonov Mriya if you need that capacity. Funny though how certain individuals sneered when I spoke about Apples enormous production and launch capacity affecting Nvidia GPUs.

I think we will be looking at December or early January for the second batch of Inno cards to arrive with us. The HK thing in my opinion is a fairy story.

Really? the guy did leave the phone call for around 10-15 minutes to 'chat' to gibbo idk if thats what he really did. Just playing the other side but shipping mice and shipping heavy graphics cards surely must have a different path but im probably wrong, at this point im with you though that it really does seem like at the best we should be receiving these mid november earliest. Im really ****** off tho beacause there is definitely some piece of this puzzle being hidden from us, which both inno and oc employees have previously eluded to that would answer our questions and at this point i really do think its that these cards just don't exist yet.

Associate
Thanks for info, never had a DPD scam email, had some for FEDEX, but they are obvious scams as never ordered anything with them as delivery agent.
Keep getting the automated Amazon Prime Scam call though.
I guess those busy little scammers ramp up towards end of the year as they expect people will be placing more online orders etc

Associate
I've cancelled my TUF OC, position 98. Went for an FE instead! I filled the form out last night, payment was amazon pay, how long until get some kind of response/refund roughly?

Associate
I'd love to know which of the "A small amount of most of the 3080's are due end of next week." are..
It’s a secret.
So no card for another 2 weeks. :mad:
no card for the foreseeable future for me. I’m 23 in line for an inno x4...of which they’re only getting an almost useless amount of 15! So even though I ordered on the 17th it’s looking like next year for me. It’s unbelievable the mess they’ve made of this. I won’t be buying nvidia again should this amd card turn out to be stellar, they’d have lost a customer for life.

Associate
I'm like 260 for a GigaByte 3080, I will probably go 3070FE is i can get one or AMD 6800XT if i am still waiting after the 18th of November.

It's crazy what some of these 3070's are going for, some of them cost close to the £650 i paid for 3080...

Associate
@Gibbo anything on EVGA yet? Are they included in the 'most' of the 3080s mentioned?

Reading Gibbo's post it said:

"A small amount of all Gigabyte 3090's are due end of next week.
A small amount of most of the 3080's are due end of next week.
A OK amount of all 3070's due end of next week."

I read that as all referring to Gigabyte, so not all suppliers in that 3080 comment, just Gigabyte...

Associate
evga and trinity 3080s been removed from pre order... prob due soon

Way too hopeful, EVGA were removed within hours of the launch because there was no communication from EVGA on shipping dates, and the Trinity was removed a day or so ago for the same reason.

Back
Top Bottom