• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Soldato
Well, I don't particularly like it, but why would there be a law against it?
People sell stuff for profit. Other people buy it. It's only possible due to limited supply and people willing to pay over the odds.
Just accept that there are people with money to burn, who will essentially generate the demand, and other people are going to supply that and make a profit if they can.

The rest of us just have to be patient, wait for supplies to increase, and then the issue goes away.

Still frustrating though when you know there's new kit out there than you can't get your hands on :)

Note, I would say that it would be preferable if retailers limited staff sales to 1, and also prevented selling on for say 6 months. But to be honest, I don't hugely begrudge someone working at that retailer on probably a below average wage, making some additional cash from the pocket of someone who's probably overpaid with money to burn.

TBH Nvidia might just rage quit Ampere.

Associate
Wont be buying from OCUK if i do buy tomorrow as they will be available at many other retailers for a lot cheaper.

But im tempted to wait to see if AMD do a combo deal with their GPUs in a few months after the initial sales surges on both.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
It was until they started to use inferior internals a month or so back.

You mean changing the controller to a similar performing one? Inferior internals btw.

If you're spending that sort of cash, get a Gen 4 m.2 NVME drive
Ditch that RAM and get 3600 speed RAM. Ryzen loves fast RAM- DDR4 3600 stuff

I wouldn't buy a Gen4 m2 yet, wait until the new controllers are out before you splash.

Soldato
Wont be buying from OCUK if i do buy tomorrow as they will be available at many other retailers for a lot cheaper.

But im tempted to wait to see if AMD do a combo deal with their GPUs in a few months after the initial sales surges on both.

I don’t think AMD will, but I’m sure OcUK will.

Last edited:
Associate
I wouldn't buy a Gen4 m2 yet, wait until the new controllers are out before you splash.
Just picked up a Sabrent Rocket gen3 2TB (the TLC non-Q) version for £161. My mobo only has one gen4 slot anyway, so a gen4 drive would be wasted on me anyway. It'll be fine for what I need and I could refer you to LTT's video on SSD comparison as why it probably doesn't matter in the real world anyway ;)

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Just picked up a Sabrent Rocket gen3 2TB (the TLC non-Q) version for £161. My mobo only has one gen4 slot anyway, so a gen4 drive would be wasted on me anyway. It'll be fine for what I need and I could refer you to LTT's video on SSD comparison as why it probably doesn't matter in the real world anyway ;)

I'm well aware on how M2's perform in games mate :p. Great price for that 2TB! I saw a 1TB Gen4 going on a certain marketplace for £109 recently.

Caporegime
Do you think there will be limited stock tomorrow and do they go online at 5 pm

i dont think its so much the stock its more the gouging. hopefully products are available at reasonable prices. will be interesting to see tomorrow. if there is low stock expect gouging and excuses.

Back
Top Bottom