• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
I'm well aware on how M2's perform in games mate :p. Great price for that 2TB! I saw a 1TB Gen4 going on a certain marketplace for £109 recently.

Sorry, didn't mean to teach you to suck eggs. Video just made me chuckle!

Optimistic "make an offer" and "PRICE8" discount code FTW ;) Was holding out for Black Friday, but this was never going to get bettered. I considered ponying for the gen4, but I'm very slack about upgrades so I'd be sure it would spend its whole life plugged into a gen3 slot, laughing behind my back :)

Associate
i dont think its so much the stock its more the gouging. hopefully products are available at reasonable prices. will be interesting to see tomorrow. if there is low stock expect gouging and excuses.

The two big players are already pricing above MSRP, I spoke to the competition just now and they're charging just slightly under the OCUK prices, but still above MSRP. So it has already begun! There are a couple of honest places but they are so large their staff don't understand the NDA or launch times and stock gets thrown out randomly, so good luck getting MSRP tomorrow!

Associate
I don't mind waiting although I would like to verify all the kit bought actually works while I'm still in the return window...
That's the issue I have. I can't test anything! That's why I paid for a 3700x last night which is due either tomorrow or Friday. Hopefully they don't ship it until tomorrow, then I maybe able to cancel if I get the 5000 series without have to return.
3700x is going to bottleneck the 3080, so maybe I made a bad decision. For £280 with the prism cooler isn't too bad I guess...At least it will save me buying an AIO as well.
I don't know what to do! Lol.

Caporegime
The two big players are already pricing above MSRP, I spoke to the competition just now and they're charging just slightly under the OCUK prices, but still above MSRP. So it has already begun! There are a couple of honest places but they are so large their staff don't understand the NDA or launch times and stock gets thrown out randomly, so good luck getting MSRP tomorrow!
That's a shame.

Associate
That's the issue I have. I can't test anything! That's why I paid for a 3700x last night which is due either tomorrow or Friday. Hopefully they don't ship it until tomorrow, then I maybe able to cancel if I get the 5000 series without have to return.
3700x is going to bottleneck the 3080, so maybe I made a bad decision. For £280 with the prism cooler isn't too bad I guess...At least it will save me buying an AIO as well.
I don't know what to do! Lol.

3900X is going for £383 with the prisim cooler, that certainly won't bottleneck.

Associate
Wont be buying from OCUK if i do buy tomorrow as they will be available at many other retailers for a lot cheaper.

As it has been said before - being cheaper means nothing if you have no stock. I'll be happy to pay the price on OCuk if they are the only place with stock. £19 more is nothing if you upgrade the PC once every 6 years :p

Associate
Just got off live chat with the place I was going to buy from (not one of the biggest stores in the UK but probably just squeak into the top 10) and they have had no allocation of 8 core or 16 cores, not even an indication of when any could be due to arrive. 6 and 12 core parts only. Yikes :/

Soldato
Just got off live chat with the place I was going to buy from (not one of the biggest stores in the UK but probably just squeak into the top 10) and they have had no allocation of 8 core or 16 cores, not even an indication of when any could be due to arrive. 6 and 12 core parts only. Yikes :/

Ho noes. No stock. Runs around flailing arms.

Back
Top Bottom