• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
Reviews when

3PM UK Time. That's right, an hour after release - you can blame AMD for that one not OCUK. I'm hoping a few reviews appear early, they usually do. If enough get released early they're sometimes forced to pop the embargo early so their main partner review sites dont get the short end of the stick for clicks and views. I'm still swaying between 5800x and 5950x, just a couple of overclock reviews on the 5800x will tell me everything I need to know to make the choice. Have a feeling whichever I attempt to buy if I don't get it in time the other will be out of stock as well by the time I find out.

Soldato
You honestly can't blame them if customers pay it. They're a shop and by definition are in business to make profit, not to make friends. Its an economical opportunity when stock is limited and demand is high, charging more and still selling simply makes more profit.

As a customer, I have a long memory. They can't format this hard drive, ;)

Associate
The bump from £529 to £539 on the 5900X literally happened in the last hour though, it's clearly an increase in the last minute. Although I wouldn't be completely surprised if it changed again to £549 at 2pm tomorrow.
If you are here at 5 most likely all that happens is you hear crickets chirping. All signs in the sky point to the launch actually being at 2pm. People have allegedly confirmed this over the phone to OC as well.

...and then again during checkout. That exchange rate can be all over the place you know ;)

Associate
Well given I -only- have a 980Ti in my system I'm in no rush to buy one!

Will still play the "can I add to basket and make it to the checkout stage" game though :D

Soldato
impressive! Mine will be going in to the X570 Tomahawk for a little while longer, hopefully not too much longer!

Back on topic... just seen the latest price increases, it's not good OC. You guys can't even be bothered to update the first post in this thread with updated info.. lol

Associate
Well, just wanted to say, no matter what happens - good luck tomorrow everyone ;) May everyone end the day with an order placed for the CPU they wanted to buy ;)

Soldato
Can't help thinking used 3000 CPUs are going to be excellent value next week - sure 10-20% slower, but a 3700X for something like £160 compared to a 5800X at £420? For the vast majority of the time, you're not even going to notice the difference in regular use/gaming. A used 3700X is also significantly cheaper than the 5600X and looking at the early/leaked benchmarks, I think the 3700X will edge out the 5600X in multicore workloads.

Back
Top Bottom