• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
A competitor just got 20 MSI cards in - sold out in 9 minutes.
I think I may have snagged one of these by pure luck.
Currently position 1132 for the ASUs Tuf OC on here and managed to successfully put through an order for an MSI Ventus 3x OC with a competitor. Let’s see if they actually confirm the order.....

Associate
Currently position 1132 for the ASUs Tuf OC on here and managed to successfully put through an order for an MSI Ventus 3x OC with a competitor. Let’s see if they actually confirm the order.....

If its the same competitor, message them on facebook with your order number and they will let you know if its confirmed. Thats what I did and they said its secured and il be ggetting it

Associate
Just messaged them now to see if it’s confirmed or I’ve missed out

Associate
Just messaged them now to see if it’s confirmed or I’ve missed out

You shoulda got them, their website seems to update stock numbers instantly, i kept refreshing and they were going down so if you got one while it was still showing stock then u should be good

Associate
You shoulda got them, their website seems to update stock numbers instantly, i kept refreshing and they were going down so if you got one while it was still showing stock then u should be good

Confirmed by them! Pure fluke that I went to their website to check after reading my email with the latest queue positions.

Associate
Yes, supply has been difficult for everyone, but the way OCUK have handled this has been the worst I've ever experienced from a customer service standpoint and means they have lost one more customer for good and it's back to the main competitor for me!
I deeply regret buying from OCUK and Eagle at that. I was only on OCUK because that happened to be the site that let me through first under all the load and I actually wanted a Ventus but somehow ended up with this in my basket - guess it was the request that got through?

Associate
Honestly can't believe a) how greedy OCUK have been in taking irresponsible amounts of preorders for the 3080 and b) how poor their communication is, especially considering the excellent and transparent handling of the stock situations by other competitors.

Once I cancelled my preorder from OCUK I found a small Jurassic based company who were not only friendly, but their stock estimates were accurate, they are flexible for you to jump around the brands if others come into stock, and they have not taken ridiculous levels of orders so the queue is perfectly reasonable. In the end though, I managed to nab an FE yesterday from (the also excellent communicating) sc @ n who are obviously a far more meaningful partner to Nvidia as THEY were chosen to handle the FE sales! The absolute BS about OCUK being a preferred and biggest partner is incredible.

Yes, supply has been difficult for everyone, but the way OCUK have handled this has been the worst I've ever experienced from a customer service standpoint and means they have lost one more customer for good and it's back to the main competitor for me!
I agree with you. They've not updated their 3080 deliveries and stock site since the 12th of October

Associate
I agree with you. They've not updated their 3080 deliveries and stock site since the 12th of October

Yep. That competitor site not only has frequent, specific stock updates with real numbers, but they also say when they’re gonna update!

I ordered 4 cards on launch day from various places. I then cancelled 3 of them based on the fact the one I ordered from OC got the best reviews (Asus tuf) combined with the “We get the best stock allocation” boast. Jesus, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Associate
Thanks to Discord, I managed to get my FE 3080 yesterday and arrived this morning.

Anyone who's in the queue for an Eagle after position 260 goes forward 1 place! Good luck everyone.

Associate
Got a FE yesterday. Canceled my TUF a few days ago and got the confirmation of the cancellation a second before the FE Alert.
Will be at least another drop over the next few weeks so make sure you have the alerts set up !
I wanted the non oc TUF but even though i was 140th in the queue, I didn’t expect to get it till next year.

Associate
i could never have imagined that if i gave a company £700 of my money in good faith, a company that outright brags about its connections and partnership strength to acquire the product i'm buying, that two months later not only has my product not arrived, but there is no sign of it arriving and the shop i have bought it respond with vague, mixed and often innaccurate messages and a general sense of irritation that they're having to interact with the customers at all, beyond sitting on their cash.

i'm sitting in the TUF non-OC queue and feel like i've been cut adrift. i don't have the connections to find anything more out about my order and it shouldn't be my responsibility to, but OCUK do should be absolutely breaking their backs to find out exactly what is happening with every single card they've taken cash for and communicating it to those who have already paid for it, that's their job.

if they don't have those connections to get answers, and are just infact a passive storefront who gets what they're given when they're given it, then they had no place taking so many orders in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom