AMD RYZEN 5000 SERIES 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X NOW ONLINE AT OcUK!!

Associate
Never seen a similar price drop when demand isn’t high....
And it’s quite hypocritical to say individuals are scalpels or scalping and should be frowned upon (correctly) but when this is done by companies is just Tuesday and market’s supply and demand...

Associate
And it’s quite hypocritical to say individuals are scalpels or scalping and should be frowned upon (correctly) but when this is done by companies is just Tuesday and market’s supply and demand...
I understand the frustration and don't like it either. But is it them doing it or the suppliers? Not that it really matters mind you as its wrong either way. And yeah can't really complain at scalpers I guess.

Associate
We did not take stock and all pre-orders are honoured at price paid even if that means we make a loss.

We have 20pc 5800X due plus another 100pc later this week which are incoming at normal cost to ourselves.

And what about the Gigabyte 3070 Eagle and Eagle OC graphics cards yesterday that were sold on the store at over £600 despite having pre-order queues? It's hard to take your response at face value when actions are eroding trust.

OcUK Staff
OP
And what about the Gigabyte 3070 Eagle and Eagle OC graphics cards yesterday that were sold on the store at over £600 despite having pre-order queues? It's hard to take your response at face value when actions are eroding trust.

There are no pre-orders against 3070 Eagle OC and that is why they are in stock.

Associate
Hi there

Still no update on the big shipments due this week but the following is coming:

5800X - 20pc from official distributor
5950X - 35pc 5950X due from none official and as such they cost us a lot more, but those who pre-ordered prices are always honoured, these are due end of week / next week.
5900X - 85pv from none official distributor and these cost us about £10 more than what we have sold them for, but were happy to lose £10 a CPU to get some customers their orders ASAP.
5800X - There was 50pc none official stock but these were £100 higher than what we sold the stock for and unfortunately we cannot afford to lose £100 per CPU.
5600X - 25pc none official distributor, again we lose on these but its only a few quid so happy to do so.

Our official stock of 300pc 5900X and 100pc each of 5800X and 5600X is still on its way to master distributor ear marked as this Wednesday so all being well will be with us this week and these CPU's do not cost us any additional premium. :)

Thanks Gibbo. Appreciate the updates.

Associate
Got 2 quick questions - Im quite early in the queue (<20) for a 5600x, so IF stock comes in on Wednesday as planned -
1. Does the fact that I selected 'Next day delivery' mean I can be hopeful for it shipping out from OCUK to me by Friday?
2. Does the person at position 1 in the queue get the first CPU or are there others who ordered CPUs while they were 'in stock' that still need to have their orders taken care of first?

Sorry if these have been answered, I didnt get a change to read every post in the thread!

(Also really apprechiate the updates Gibbo, thanks for being so transparent with us!)

Associate
Got 2 quick questions - Im quite early in the queue (<20) for a 5600x, so IF stock comes in on Wednesday as planned -
1. Does the fact that I selected 'Next day delivery' mean I can be hopeful for it shipping out from OCUK to me by Friday?
2. Does the person at position 1 in the queue get the first CPU or are there others who ordered CPUs while they were 'in stock' that still need to have their orders taken care of first?

Sorry if these have been answered, I didnt get a change to read every post in the thread!

(Also really apprechiate the updates Gibbo, thanks for being so transparent with us!)

Hi,

I have exactly the same questions, an answer on that would be really appreciated. Keep up the good work guys on delivering the right information and being honest.

I contacted the support via webnotes and they are top !

Associate

I'm number 2 in queue so i can report back as soon as i get a confirmation of dispatch through.

Associate
Am trying to wait patiently - difficult though. Have ordered a 5900X for my son and would like one for myself and perhaps one for my daughter but am trying to hold off for the moment (one per customer type thing). Hopefully in a month or so these large orders will come through and suppliers like OCUK will have some left on their shelves (and price can come down a bit).

Associate
Associate

If you read @Gibbo reply you can easily see this is done because they had to start paying a premium to buy other companies stock and they need to recoup the loss.
Its not rocket science man.

Associate
info regarding the pre-orders at another supplier https://hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/146755-amd-ryzen-5000-lots-stock-way-next-fortnight-says-retailer/
they currently have suspended their pre-orders due to demand! personally I prefer to know that I am in the queue even if its going to take 4 weeks - so I have ordered a 5900X from OCUK. I must be so far at the back of the queue that I haven't had an email yet - hopefully I will get my place number on Friday.

AFAIK you only get a queue position number once a week on a Friday. So if you ordered past iirc 2pm on Friday you won't be getting an email until Friday this week or maybe OCUK will send one Wednesday once they dispatch the new shipments.

Back
Top Bottom