Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 25.9%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Anyone playing fallen order?

Got an annoying issue, if Im miss game and turn off the console and then come back to it expecting to just continue it comes up with the message 'a sign in occurred' etc and closes the game and starts it again.

Anyone else had this?

Wait 20 seconds before loading the game, I get this if I enter the game too quickly after powering back up from sleep.

Associate
What's peoples take on hdr ?

With mine on yeah i get a few brighter areas with a tad more colour .

When off though i notice gameplay slightly quicker and a better response from button presses.

It's hard to actually see a huge difference in on and off and maybe thats my mid range tv not handling it that good.

Keep getting this nagging in back of mind though that if i turn it off then i could be missing out on loads compared to just 4k at 60fps

Soldato
HDR is amazing and transforms how great games look. Of course it depends massively on the TV your using how impressive and impactful HDR is. On an LG Oled TV its phenomenal.

Soldato

When off though i notice gameplay slightly quicker and a better response from button presses.

It's hard to actually see a huge difference in on and off and maybe thats my mid range tv not handling it that good.

Keep getting this nagging in back of mind though that if i turn it off then i could be missing out on loads compared to just 4k at 60fps
If your TV isn’t a high end FALD set or an OLED then HDR won’t impress.

Man of Honour

If I had to choose between 4K no HDR and 1080p HDR I would every time. It has an enormous impact on the games visuals so something must be wrong with the way you have setup your tv.

HDR should make a huge visual difference and should not affect smoothness/frame rate.

Associate
If I had to choose between 4K no HDR and 1080p HDR I would every time. It has an enormous impact on the games visuals so something must be wrong with the way you have setup your tv.

HDR should make a huge visual difference and should not affect smoothness/frame rate.
yeah my panny was only a mid range one in 2017 and one of its drawbacks was it does not do great hdr dont get me wrong i can see a bit of difference lol maybe its my 48 year old eyes then ha ha

but saying that my son has had to turn his off because when he has his hdr on he gets terrible stutter in fifa and cod and his tv is only a year old

im going to have a proper look at it tomorrow

Man of Honour
yeah my panny was only a mid range one in 2017 and one of its drawbacks was it does not do great hdr dont get me wrong i can see a bit of difference lol maybe its my 48 year old eyes then ha ha

but saying that my son has had to turn his off because when he has his hdr on he gets terrible stutter in fifa and cod and his tv is only a year old

im going to have a proper look at it tomorrow

A lot of TVs have a separate set of settings once HDR is enabled, so you may find that all the smoothness and other post-processing rubbish is enabled again even if you turned it off for again SDR content. Samsungs are terrible for doing this.

Associate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YN88kt7Amo

Good place to understand the basics and it involves Assassins Creed Valhalla

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smot07UUOyw&t=207s

Soldato
Had first crash earlier playing bo derlands 3 just turned off completely bit worrying

Worked fine after though

Quite a bit of heat coming out top after an hour though - smells hot

But considering my GPU on PC kicks a fair amount of heat out and that's just the GPU it's not surprising really

Soldato
Anyone experiencing issues with their controller? I've been playing Valhalla tonight and twice now I've had an issue with it. The first time the camera just started spinning around and the character just ran around on his own. No buttons worked, not even the guide button. And now, I experienced total loss of control, with the character movement stopping entirely, again with no buttons working. On both occasions the only fix was to remove the batteries, put them back in and then turn the controller back on which fixed the issue.

Aside from that, I'm loving AC Valhalla. But to be perfectly honest, the animus stuff can really do one. I can't stand the immersion-breaking element that it introduces, and to be honest, I really couldn't care about that now. It was interesting in the first AC years ago, but it's seriously boring now. I have no idea why they keep it going in each release tbh.

Caporegime
Where to buy the console?
Nowhere right now unless you get extremely lucky and happen to find a retailer that has stock.
Only thing you can do is keep trying the usual websites or sign up for notifications when the consoles come into stock.

Im still waiting on game to despatch mine but chances of it arriving before 18th December are slim at best. Fingers crossed I get it soon, hate having to wait but at least I managed to snag one whereas lots of people still trying to get one.

Soldato
I'm usually only a "3-4 games on the go max" kinda guy, but since the console's still new and having a big backlog I've not played (skipped Xbox last gen) it means that I've been dipping in and out of different games to check out how they look.

I've only really played co-op with the kids (me on x, them on s) ... but when it's just me, I can't seem to put Ori and the will of the whisps down. What an absolute gem of a game.

Back
Top Bottom